Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keeping and Eye on Scottish teams.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Hi,

Just wondering how many people on here, "support" or "follow" a Scottish team.

I used to Really like Rangers then i realized how Shit the Scottish Premier League is.

I now Prefer Cowdenbeath FC :cool:

Daz.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I do follow another team, but they're not Scottish.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Because my company does work for Celtic, I have a mild attachment to the Hoops. Though as you could see the roofs of Easter Road from the first flat I had in Edinburgh, I'd probably go for Hibs as my first choice.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I normally look out for the results for Partick Thistle, been to see them play and I am a member of the Jags Trust, Stranraer because their ground is in a zoo and Rangers because I have a good friend who is a Ger.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Two - Celtic becuase that is who everyone in the family supports in Duntocher (where I'm, from) and Dumbarton becuase that is who we used to watch when you could not get into Celtic Park

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Who may that be ?:love:

barca-logo.gif

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Two - Celtic becuase that is who everyone in the family supports in Duntocher (where I'm, from) and Dumbarton becuase that is who we used to watch when you could not get into Celtic Park

Ha, my mate the Ger is from Dumbarton, but has always been a Rangers fan. We went to look at the Dumbarton ground when we were all up there earlier, it only has one side :ohmy: just a path round the pitch and a stand along the south side!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Yes, I follow Stenhousemuirs results. I also look out for Celtics results as when I was young you had to pick either Celtic or Rangers to support. Recently though my loyalties have been with Motherwell for obvious reasons. Mark McGhee :bowdown:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've a Queens Park away shirt here, does that count?

Actually been to Celtic Park loads of times, uncle used to bring me a lot as a kid...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Ha, my mate the Ger is from Dumbarton, but has always been a Rangers fan. We went to look at the Dumbarton ground when we were all up there earlier, it only has one side :ohmy: just a path round the pitch and a stand along the south side!

I have been to Boghead, what a great name for a ground, to see Clydebank play Queen of the South...they were in the last throws of life at the time and struggling to stay alive, having lost their own ground to developers. A Bankies fan had put a message on NSC asking for support in their struggle, I was only too happy to don the stripes and make the schlep across to Glasgow...pretty brave walking round the city with and English footy shirt on.

As it transpired there were fans from lots of Scottish teams but only myself and some Sunderland fans representing teams from south of the border. I think this must have been in about 98 or 99, Clydebank folded shortly after and were merged in with Airdrieonians to form Airdrie United, who took their place in the league set up (see, it isn't just MKDons who do things like that). The bloke who posted the message, and organised the support, was the one who negociated the deal with WetWetWet to sponsor the team.

Oh, I am a bit of a Hearts fan, having had a season ticket at Tynecastle for two and a half seasons.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
follow, follow we will follow Rangers, up the falls round Derry's walls we will follow you !:bowdown::bowdown:

Rangers... Derry.

Contradiction in terms there or have you accepted that the City Council changed its name (but not that on the charter...) some years back?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...perhaps he means Queens Park Rangers!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here