Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim-Richards transfer request turned down

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I'm actually quite surprised by this. I thought the club would be prepared to let him go because of his attitude.

It's a good lesson though, and fair play to club. It would very easy to cash in on him, but the lesson of 'sort yourself out or we'll play you in the stiffs until your contract runs out' might actually stir him into life.

A sad situation but the club are doing the right thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
the club are doing the right thing.

Not if they can p/ex him for someone a bit feisty and skilfull upfront, does this mean any chance of Parkin coming here has gone?

Icy Gull said:
does this mean any chance of Parkin coming here has gone?

I wouldn't necessarily read that into McGhee's words, although that deal was always a long shot. The key thing he said is that CKR is an investment, you can either hold on to an investment or realise the value of it when you like.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
I wouldn't necessarily read that into McGhee's words, although that deal was always a long shot. The key thing he said is that CKR is an investment, you can either hold on to an investment or realise the value of it when you like.

The problem is, if he is rotting in the reserves then his value falls, so maybe you cash in. Having unhappy players does nobody any favours, so maybe getting rid of, is the best option.

Uncle Buck said:
The problem is, if he is rotting in the reserves then his value falls, so maybe you cash in. Having unhappy players does nobody any favours, so maybe getting rid of, is the best option.
But who says he will be rotting in the reserves?

CKR's problem is that he can't string a 90-minute performance together. But I think he will be given plenty of chances to do his usual 20-minute thing from the bench.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
CKR's shown very little on the field to have clubs falling over themselves to sign him. Reckon he has his best shot with this club, under this manager and in this division to prove himself as a professional footballer. Maybe his only shot. If he's smart he'll lose the shit attitude and make the most of the opportunity. Cos it's a long old life asking 'Would you like large fries with that'

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
But who says he will be rotting in the reserves?

CKR's problem is that he can't string a 90-minute performance together. But I think he will be given plenty of chances to do his usual 20-minute thing from the bench.

Well he was not in the match day squad on Tuesday. I doubt there will be any significant changes to a winning side on Saturday.

McGhee welcomed Knight back into the fold fairly quickly and ultimately that back fired on him, so he may take a different approach this time.

Certainly at present I do not see why you would want a sulky want away player anywhere near a side or squad that is winning, as it could cause disruption.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
CKR will be gone before deadline day.I can see it happening

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Uncle Buck said:
Well he was not in the match day squad on Tuesday. I doubt there will be any significant changes to a winning side on Saturday.

McGhee welcomed Knight back into the fold fairly quickly and ultimately that back fired on him, so he may take a different approach this time.

Certainly at present I do not see why you would want a sulky want away player anywhere near a side or squad that is winning, as it could cause disruption.

Quite right. And I would be surprised to see any changes the side or squad... Maybe only Cox will come back into the squad.

Uncle Buck said:
Sure, but you don't measure the success of turning round a player on short time-frames like that, attractive though they seem to many fans.

I don't accept that having one unhappy player damages a squad, in fact, it's probably hard to imagine that a football squad where everyone is happy and settled has ever existed. A clique of unhappy disruptive players can be dangerous but we seem to have nipped that in the bud, so I can't see a big cause for concern.

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
London Irish said:
Sure, but you don't measure the success of turning round a player on short time-frames like that, attractive though they seem to many fans.

I don't accept that having one unhappy player damages a squad, in fact, it's probably hard to imagine that a football squad where everyone is happy and settled has ever existed. A clique of unhappy disruptive players can be dangerous but we seem to have nipped that in the bud, so I can't see a big cause for concern.

We've got rid of some of our disruptive players, the main ones being Knight and McGammon. That's not nipping anything in the bud, we still have one who wants to leave and has been told they can't. While that may be the right decision for us from a player and investment point of view, who knows who else he is going to try and drag down with him. I don't think there was too much of a dressing room problem until Leon started spitting his dummy everywhere, and then look how it escalated. (Although McGammon from what I can gather could start an argument in an empty room).

You are right, one unhappy player doesn't damage a squad, but close monitoring of this situation is required. It is vital that CKR doesn't damage the squad longer term, because if his attitude off the pitch is anything like it is on it, then there is a cause for concern.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Mouldy Boots said:
Well done Mcghee/knight we can't afford to keep letting the talent go.
Now MM must man manage the guy and get him working for us and an automatic promotion should be a very realistic chance.

:clap: :clap:

As opposed to managing him, how about DK and MM make themselves available to sort the issues and problems CKR has?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
555kaz said:
As opposed to managing him, how about DK and MM make themselves available to sort the issues and problems CKR has?

How many of his representatives should they allow in the room with DK and MM?

I have no idea what's going on but if CKR is being treated that badly maybe he or one of his seemingly many representatives should go public on it? Harty's phone in on Saturday would guarantee him a quick exit if that's waht he wants :)

If he is being maltreated by anyone at the club and it's not being sorted I think he should go public on it if the management won't listen

Last edited:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Icy Gull said:
How many of his representatives should they allow in the room with DK and MM?

I have no idea what's going on but if CKR is being treated that badly maybe he or one of his seemingly many representatives should go public on it? Harty's phone in on Saturday would guarantee him a quick exit if that's waht he wants :)

If he is being maltreated by anyone at the club and it's not being sorted I think he should go public on it if the management won't listen

Good point, but possibly he has more respect for the club and fans then to do this. Maybe it's a cry for help rather than a l"azy wanker looking for a pay rise". Personally I think there should be CKR and his agent and nobody else. The more mob handed it gets the more likely testorone will take over and nothing will get resolved.

Albaman

Equatorial Splitter
Apr 22, 2006
Singapore lah
Uncle Buck said:
I wouldnt want a sulky disruptive player either, especially one who has done sweet FA since we signed him. At least LK had scored goals before spitting out his dumby. CKR should be out of the squad until he grows up. On what form does he think he has the right to be automatic selection?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here