Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim-Richards transfer request turned down

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
London Irish said:
But who says he will be rotting in the reserves?

CKR's problem is that he can't string a 90-minute performance together. But I think he will be given plenty of chances to do his usual 20-minute thing from the bench.

Let's hope so but I'd wager that he would need to eat a large dose of McGhee flavoured humble pie before hand. And no doubt a Kuipers style apology will be required.

:ohmy:

Last edited:

Zebedee said:
Let's hope so but I'd wager that he would need to eat a large dose of McGhee flavoured humble pie before hand.

I hope so - he will be a better player for us for doing so. You presumably have some anarchist theory that players can do what they like, put in 50 per cent effort, refuse to follow the instructions of the coaches and everything will turn out OK. I would suggest that's bollocks.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
London Irish said:
I hope so - he will be a better player for us for doing so. You presumably have some anarchist theory that players can do what they like, put in 50 per cent effort, refuse to follow the instructions of the coaches and everything will turn out OK. I would suggest that's bollocks.

Not what I think at all but a little give and take never hurt anyone and would hardly breed anarchy at the club. The best of managers rule with a firm but fair hand in my experience and do everything possible to get the best out of their people. If McGhee feels that he has done all he can with Jarett, fair enough, but I'm not entirely convinced. It'll be interesting to see how he does at Watford. Boothroyd is nobody's fool.

:)

Last edited:

Zebedee said:
Not what I think at all but a little give and take never hurt anyone and would hardly breed anarchy at the club. The best of managers rule with a firm but fair hand in my experience and do everything possible to get the best out of their people. If McGhee feels that he has done everything he can with Jarett, fair enough, but I'm not entirely convinced. It'll be interesting to see how he does at Watford. Bothroyd is nobody's fool.

We gave Alby 2 years - that's long enough I reckon for us to figure out whether this player was capable of improving or listening to things that improve him. We now have a player in Dean Cox who in his one full game for us already has one assist. Rack your brains for the amount of assists Alby had in all the games he played.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
London Irish said:
We gave Alby 2 years - that's long enough I reckon for us to figure out whether this player was capable of improving or listening to things that improve him. We now have a player in Dean Cox who in his one full game for us already has one assist. Rack your brains for the amount of assists Alby had in all the games he played.

I thought he did quite well in the games where he was given a proper run out. Raw, admittedly, but promising nonetheless. Plymouth at home springs to mind. Now that was a fine display of attacking football.

Let's hope Dean Cox fulfills the promise he has shown to date. The signs certainly look good.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here