Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga off to Turkey?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Where ever he goes, they've got to buy him. He isn't 'available'.

True, although way it's going we are going to be starting the season with a workman like solid team with Nigel Pearson in charge. And true I admit I may be slightly exagerating, but if you can't make a mountain out of a molehill here, then where can you?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He was free I believe.

The fee was undisclosed but Newcastle didn't get as much as they originally wanted because Kaz didn't pass the medical first time around. I think there is a hefty sell on clause to consider too , so any profit when he is sold won't be as large as thought.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Utter crap. He wasn't given an opportunity to 'set the world alight in the play-offs', or at any time since we got promoted. If handled right, Kaz would be our most influential player. If this is true, it's very, very bad news.

I am inclined to agree with this. Massively improved since the Withdean days.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Which ignores the fact he has been woefully inconsistent when he has played and has had a lot of injuries but lets rewrite history. I would love it if LuaLua turned it round next season and had a great year but he is not the amazing player that some people think he is.

It does not ignore the fact that he has been inconsistent...Kaz has been brilliant at times, but I agree, these times have not been often enough. Part of this is, I think, because of the limited opportunities that he has been given. If he had ever been given a run of games we'd have seen the best of him, I think.

Gus stuck with Spanish Dave and he came good. It's a shame that he didn't give Kaz the same chance.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
100% this. Really cannot see why he was offered a contract. We need players like Upson, not DibDab.

I don't think El Abd will be first choice next season but we do need some stability. Having El Abd as back up is important and hopefully we can sign a new central defender to play alongside Greer but we don't want to have to sign 12 or more players as we lose a lot of players.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Could it not simply be a slight misleading play on words his future ie June and July will be in TURKEY on holiday with his brother.

My thoughts exactly! Though he has since deleted it which might imply something more negative..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My thoughts exactly! Though he has since deleted it which might imply something more negative..

WHEN we get an offer for him, then I'll start to worry about whether we are selling him. We've got enough to worry about already.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Would be gutted to lose another decent winger if he did go,Kaz is a decent player and played well at the end of the season,only to be dropped by Poyet.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Can hardly blame him, every time he does well he goes straight back on the bench. He scored two good goals in the last game of the season against Wolves then hardly gets a sniff in the play-offs.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Poyet should have treated him better rather than leaving him on the bench when he scores a crucial equaliser of sets up a winner. I mean what kind of example does that set? He should stay and hopefully the next manager will appreciate what a talent he is.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Can hardly blame him, every time he does well he goes straight back on the bench. He scored two good goals in the last game of the season against Wolves then hardly gets a sniff in the play-offs.

If he was treated so badly by the manager and the manager has left, surely he would be looking forward to a fresh start under a new management rather than tweeting about hoping to leave the club!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No one has put an offer in and I honestly cant see TB accepting an offer. Dont think that Turkish clubs (with the exception of Galatasaray and Fenerbache or however you spell them) could afford our asking price either.

I honestly think that Kaz will feature a lot under a new manager and it would be exactly what he needs, regular football.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I was under the impression Newcastle wanted £1,000,000 for him, and we paid about a quarter of that due to the failed medical.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
On fire in the last two games and dropped for the play-offs. Would've have thought he would be glad to see the back of Poyet. Hope he gives the new manager a chance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The one year options had to be exercised by the club as Gus allegedly said he would look to take out of contract players with him "to his new club".

Where's has this info come from? Is it just another NSC rumour or is there some harder evidence than that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here