Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KAS

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
A couple of people said he looked sharp when he came on yesterday. He was on for about 3 minutes, and at the final whistle he picked up the ball and booted it high into the air, to me he looked bloody angry. I suppose if he looked that good you could give him a 9.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Nothing much to report either way with a 3 min appearance. He's at a club that plays football that suits his style, and has enough competition for places that whenever he gets an opportunity he needs to take it with both hands. Although it would be nice for him to be a big fish in a small pond elsewhwre, being centre of attention, and starting every week regardless, that would also mean he'd be pushed into playing when his hammy could do with a rest.

I reckon Brighton is a great situation for Kaz, but right now Noone is playing so well, he just has to be a little patient.

From our point of view, it's ideal, as he is proving his fitness in training, but not upping his value ahead of us buying him in January.

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
I think he is making good progress in his fitness. Noone is doing extremely well so Kaz isn't a shoe in for a start, but I think he will do his best to make the most of all his playing time and work his way into the starting squad. Gus is obviously very protective of Kaz and doesn't want him to get hurt or over do it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My cabbie mate gave KLL a lift from the Amex to Heathrow airport immediately after the game.

Its not particularly relevent to this thread, but I thought you'd like to know.

Lush

Mods' Pet
My cabbie mate gave KLL a lift from the Amex to Heathrow airport immediately after the game.

Its not particularly relevent to this thread, but I thought you'd like to know.

Probably going back home - will be nice to live in a house rather than a hotel for a few days. I'm sure this whole loan/view to buy thing must be very difficult for him, as no chance to settle in the Sussex area yet.

DavePage

Please don’t shoot me down, I am not even in the country so can only get the feel from the commentary!!
Going only by the commentary and my interpretation of it.
LuaLua does not seem the real deal of old. Yes I know he is not getting the minutes because of Noone But the way the guys talk about him, something is missing.
So the Noone thing, prefers not to play on the right, being marked out of the game by 3 defenders, wasn’t he coping with that last year?
I am trying not to be critical here having never seen him live ( at the ground), BUT, would you not want to impress, even if your on the right side?
Trust me i want to be wrong, having seen the clips from the last seasons, but I am distant enough to say don’t put him in a comfort one because of what he did, he needs to prove that he has the desire to do it again ( yeah, I know limited minutes, so far). But he wasn’t playing full games last year but there was a spark, an energy.
I am not trying to run the guy down, I hope his ability is still there, it can only be great for the club.
Just saying that is good that we only have him on loan at the moment, until we are sure.
We have plenty of players with hunger at the moment, and that is fantastic.
Live the dream guys, wish I was there.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Kaz should have come on earlier, we were quite frankly pants after navs and sparrow came on, nothing going foward invited pressure onto ourselves and were lucky we didnt have a closer finish to the game. Best form of defence is attack, not all out attack but we needed to keep pressing foward

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Kaz should have come on earlier, we were quite frankly pants after navs and sparrow came on, nothing going foward invited pressure onto ourselves and were lucky we didnt have a closer finish to the game. Best form of defence is attack, not all out attack but we needed to keep pressing foward

100% agree with you mate

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Lua Lua is the real deal, he is easily the best player at this club on his day. He just needs to regain the fitness he had at the start of last season. It takes him some time to get in the swing of things.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Looks unfit at the moment. Surely the player of last year can't just disappear. Hopefully he will come good again but I'd be as bold to say that if there is no improvement he'd go back. Thanks god we didn't buy permantly as with the prices being mentioned he would of naturally been ahead of Noone and we may of had a totally different start all together.

Come on Lua Lua son, we know you can produce

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't understand this putting a player in a hotel when on a long loan to us, surely there are plenty of good quality flats to let on a 3 or 6 month let that the club could rent for the player and his family, especially if it is a loan with a view to purchase. At the moment I don't think Kazenga is producing the form we know he is capable of in fact he appears to be a little overweight, but probably isn't because I am sure Gus would monitor that, and doesn't seem as quick as he was.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
With the amount of fixures and our progress in the cups, we will need Kaz this year. Noone is on fire at the moment, but he is bound to get tired, injured or lose his form at some stage. Kaz's turn will come, we need him as we will need to utilise the whole squad as the season goes on. As for any suggestion he is not as good as he was, i have never read such nonsense.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He's played a half against donny when he was clearly trying too hard to impress, had a knock and a couple of run-outs against blackpool and posh. WAY too early to say he's lost his ability. Remember what he did a year ago and he'll do it again for sure

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Need to remember that what he did last season was against League One defenders. Have to say I'm yet to be convinced so far this season although he did look good in the friendly against Spurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here