Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karl Robinson - Thoughts?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or he's not a failure, he's just a very ordinary league one manager, which his track record seems to suggest.

Pretty much exactly what I said.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I was told the other day by a director of another club that he wouldnt be surprised if we went for Robinson as he is highly rated as an up and coming manager. The person who said it has no inside info but it was an interesting unsolicited remark.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Here goes this snobbery again that I mentioned on a previous thread! We are so massive now that only champions league winning managers will do! Get a grip FFS!! If someone else had got us to the level we are at now and Gus was linked with the job, how many people would turn him down???

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Scouser, Liverpudlian.

One who makes ends meet by dipping into refuse containers hoping for a cat carcass that would indeed be a treat

Thank you - every day is an education!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Better than Ferguson(D) or McClaren, but's that's about the only positive.

Would rather have Rangnick.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here goes this snobbery again that I mentioned on a previous thread! We are so massive now that only champions league winning managers will do! Get a grip FFS!! If someone else had got us to the level we are at now and Gus was linked with the job, how many people would turn him down???
Your argument is flawed, because you're not matching like for like.

Had we got where we are with our manager Tony Pulis, we may well be happy with Robinson or a host of other young English managers.

Had we got here with Ruud Gillet (older classy continental player) then I think many of us would be crying out for Gus.

Gus came with a style of play we (eventually) lapped up, not to mention a quality of player unseen before in the stripes.
Now we've all bought into this nobody wants to see it thrown away on the likes of Robinson, Redknapp, Warnock, Hughes, et al.

The list of brain dead, mind numbing, blinkered, parochial, talentless, idiot English managers goes on and on, and is not for me.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Your argument is flawed, because you're not matching like for like.

Had we got where we are with our manager Tony Pulis, we may well be happy with Robinson or a host of other young English managers.

Had we got here with Ruud Gillet (older classy continental player) then I think many of us would be crying out for Gus.

Gus came with a style of play we (eventually) lapped up, not to mention a quality of player unseen before in the stripes.
Now we've all bought into this nobody wants to see it thrown away on the likes of Robinson, Redknapp, Warnock, Hughes, et al.

The list of brain dead, mind numbing, blinkered, parochial, talentless, idiot English managers goes on and on, and is not for me.

How can we be sure though that Robinson isn't the guy to get us into the PL? Ok so he hasn't got MK Dons promoted but sometimes a manager needs a change to become successful! I'm not ruling out anyone and will be 100% behind whoever we hire!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How can we be sure though that Robinson isn't the guy to get us into the PL? Ok so he hasn't got MK Dons promoted but sometimes a manager needs a change to become successful! I'm not ruling out anyone and will be 100% behind whoever we hire!
No one can be if they could everybody would sign, the mythical manager.

Warnock was on Danny Baker's show the other week.
DB was asking very rudimentary questions which is great, one being 'what's the first thing you do at a new club'.

Warnock replied 'I have a big game on a small pitch so I can see who's got heart and who gets stuck in. They are the players I know will run through brick walls for me'.

Mickey Adams was doing that years ago.
If we had Colin as our manager we'd have 2 from Greer, El Abd & Bridcutt as one would have been taken out in training.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
No one can be if they could everybody would sign, the mythical manager.

Warnock was on Danny Baker's show the other week.
DB was asking very rudimentary questions which is great, one being 'what's the first thing you do at a new club'.

Warnock replied 'I have a big game on a small pitch so I can see who's got heart and who gets stuck in. They are the players I know will run through brick walls for me'.

Mickey Adams was doing that years ago.
If we had Colin as our manager we'd have 2 from Greer, El Abd & Bridcutt as one would have been taken out in training.

But that's what we lack, that little bit of fight, that's why it's been so long since we won a game after going behind! I want hard *******s to get stuck in and take the game by the scruff of the neck if we are losing! Who did that in the 2nd leg against palace? Nobody! It's all very well having all these flair players but I like the balance of hard *******s and flair, it's a good balance. Look at Man I and Chelsea, the two most successful teams in the country over the last year, look at their starting line ups, they both have a combination of the different types of player!

If we can find a manager who installs both then id be delighted!!!

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
But that's what we lack, that little bit of fight, that's why it's been so long since we won a game after going behind! I want hard *******s to get stuck in and take the game by the scruff of the neck if we are losing! Who did that in the 2nd leg against palace? Nobody! It's all very well having all these flair players but I like the balance of hard *******s and flair, it's a good balance. Look at Man I and Chelsea, the two most successful teams in the country over the last year, look at their starting line ups, they both have a combination of the different types of player!

If we can find a manager who installs both then id be delighted!!!

* Man U even lol!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
But so is Paul Jewell and he would me a MINT appointment.

What?

paul-jewell.jpg

goldie31

Sep 29, 2011
not for me, I would imagine his chance will come at a Championship club in the next 12-18 months

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
I think he ticks all the boxes.

What would NSC think of Karl Robinson becoming our next manager.

I know he's not the experienced premier/championship manager some would want, but if the club went for an up and coming manager, what would you think if he become our next manager? 33-1 at the moment as well!!

He's got my vote, reduced the budget but still made a late playoff charge, although ultimately missed it. Also, plays a good brand of attacking football and not the slow build up rubbish we play!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Definitely not. Arrogant manager whose comments about MK Dons being the best team in that division and better than the Brighton team which went up now look foolish.

Also, he sold his soul when he took the MK job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here