Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just who was your childhood Albion hero?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Oh BG, the years are messing with your mind, old fella!

On our 1st season at the top, lawernson was injured early on. We had an awful spell and, following a 4-0 drubbing at Highbury in the LC, we faced Euro Champs Forest away in the next fixture.

Mullery signed peter Suddaby on a free from Blackpool reserves but also, back for that game, lLawrenson came back to play in midfield and wore No 10. We pulled off the shock of the season, winning 1-0 and ending their long unbeaten home record. i think he continued to play in midfield for a few months and pretty damn good he was too.

Thanks FG - saved me digging out Tim Carder's book and having to quote the stats back to BG.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ward. First game I ever saw he got a hat-trick.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh BG, the years are messing with your mind, old fella!

On our 1st season at the top, lawernson was injured early on. We had an awful spell and, following a 4-0 drubbing at Highbury in the LC, we faced Euro Champs Forest away in the next fixture.

Mullery signed peter Suddaby on a free from Blackpool reserves but also, back for that game, lLawrenson came back to play in midfield and wore No 10. We pulled off the shock of the season, winning 1-0 and ending their long unbeaten home record. i think he continued to play in midfield for a few months and pretty damn good he was too.

Its comments like these that make me feel old , as you realise certain memories have vanished forever and they are only from 30 odd years ago. Have I got Alzheimers or is it just middle age ?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Its comments like these that make me feel old , as you realise certain memories have vanished forever and they are only from 30 odd years ago. Have I got Alzheimers or is it just middle age ?

No you're just an Albion fan - Alot pales into insignificance with all the crap we've had to go through over the last 20 years! :thumbsup:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
OK, he was only a loanee, but it has to be Sergei Gotsmanov, not least for that magical piece of play when he waltzed around 4 or 5 defenders, rounded the keeper, waved to the south stand before putting it in! :bowdown:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
for some reason, i developed an irrational love of robbie reinelt BEFORE that hereford game. i have no idea why. its either him or richie barker for me

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wilson%2C_Danny.jpg

:love:

The lovely Danny Wilson. Can't find any photos of him in his Phoenix Brewery shirt prime.

I LOVED him, and positively stalked him around the Goldstone one memorable Junior Seagulls open day (to be fair, I would only have been about eleven). I was gutted the day it was my birthday, and they printed Chris bloody Hutchings on the front of the programme :lolol:

Sadly for me it seems Danny will have to be sacked by at least six clubs before I ever see him in his rightful position as Albion manager.

Never mind, I still love you Danny :love: :love: :love:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
PS I quite liked John Keeley and his Kajagoogoo highlights, but Danny was always the king of my heart...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton

Don't worry. Anything Albion related from 68-79 comes back effortlessly for me. On another thread they had about nearly postponed games. I well remember the 69 game v torquay but somebody else brought up v Cardiff in 85, which i must have gone to, yet i can't remember it at all!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
For me its gotta be Danny Cullip OR Bobby Zamora. f***ing hell, they tore divison 3 apart by themselves.

:bowdown:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't worry. Anything Albion related from 68-79 comes back effortlessly for me. On another thread they had about nearly postponed games. I well remember the 69 game v torquay but somebody else brought up v Cardiff in 85, which i must have gone to, yet i can't remember it at all!

Worry not, I remember hardly anything of the early 90s period, even though I went every week, but that's mainly my brain blocking out the utter, mind-numbing mediocrity of it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here