Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just who was your childhood Albion hero?

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
Mine - its a close run thing between Peter O'Sullivan and Tony Towner. How we could do with those two aged 23 in our side now!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wally Gould.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I am only 20. Therefore:

_791128_brighton_hart150.jpg

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Mark Lawrenson - Despite Wardy being in his prime I always thought Lawrenson was the better player as he was equally good in defence or midfield.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I always had a soft spot for Gary Hart. For some reason Chippy was my favourite player for quite a while as well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"Magic" Peter Ward

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Stuart Storer. I was well obsessed. I found out (via the phonebook) that he lived on the same street as my brother at the time and nearly went knocked on his door on numerous occasions. I'd probably have shat myself before I'd even got that far.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mark Lawrenson - Despite Wardy being in his prime I always thought Lawrenson was the better player as he was equally good in defence or midfield.

Not at Brighton though as I cant remember him ever playing in midfield for us, always central defence.

No doubt somebody will tell me of a game that he did play there but I cant remember one.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not at Brighton though as I cant remember him ever playing in midfield for us, always central defence.

No doubt somebody will tell me of a game that he did play there but I cant remember one.
I also thought he only played at the back during his time at the Albion. Unless Mullers had a "Mickey Moment" and stuck him in midfield as an experiment for a single match.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton

Oh BG, the years are messing with your mind, old fella!

On our 1st season at the top, lawernson was injured early on. We had an awful spell and, following a 4-0 drubbing at Highbury in the LC, we faced Euro Champs Forest away in the next fixture.

Mullery signed peter Suddaby on a free from Blackpool reserves but also, back for that game, lLawrenson came back to play in midfield and wore No 10. We pulled off the shock of the season, winning 1-0 and ending their long unbeaten home record. i think he continued to play in midfield for a few months and pretty damn good he was too.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Your 'hero' is not always the best player you've ever seen and is often one of the earliest players when footballers are still hero's to kids.

For that reason, I suppose my 1st ones were Charlie Livesey (only saw him play a couple), Kit Napier and Alex Dawson.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Oh BG, the years are messing with your mind, old fella!

On our 1st season at the top, lawernson was injured early on. We had an awful spell and, following a 4-0 drubbing at Highbury in the LC, we faced Euro Champs Forest away in the next fixture.

Mullery signed peter Suddaby on a free from Blackpool reserves but also, back for that game, lLawrenson came back to play in midfield and wore No 10. We pulled off the shock of the season, winning 1-0 and ending their long unbeaten home record. i think he continued to play in midfield for a few months and pretty damn good he was too.

and it was on MOTD

Yes Lawrenson played midfield for quite a while after that. Class player.

My boyhood heroes - ward and Mellor, although for some strange reason I used to like Harry wilson, ginger haired left back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here