Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just when will Evan Ferguson score another goal?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Purely speculative but maybe Ferguson told RDZ he had pains in his foot but was told to carry on playing? No knowledge, just guessing.
That'd surely be up to the medical staff (who are no longer at the club) and the player. Remember listening to someone like Roy Keane say that players will often play through the pain if they feel that they can (see Dunk, and Greer further in the past) but I think it would be negligent from the employer to force a player to play through an injury if they weren't cleared by the medical team.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That'd surely be up to the medical staff (who are no longer at the club) and the player. Remember listening to someone like Roy Keane say that players will often play through the pain if they feel that they can (see Dunk, and Greer further in the past) but I think it would be negligent from the employer to force a player to play through an injury if they weren't cleared by the medical team.
Given Mitoma was a risk before Sheff Utd with his ‘back’, who then started the game and went off injured for the rest of the season with a back issue who knows what was going on last season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It has been known in the past. See Andrea Orlandi and Will Hoskins.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What makes you say that?
Somebody (a very, very good source who knows him well) told me. Said it was the same for a lot of the younger players, they enjoyed the intensity to start with and when we were being successful, but when we started to struggle, the way RDZ was with them really ground everyone down, and that they weren’t sad to see the back of him.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Somebody (a very, very good source who knows him well) told me. Said it was the same for a lot of the younger players, they enjoyed the intensity to start with and when we were being successful, but when we started to struggle, the way RDZ was with them really ground everyone down, and that they weren’t sad to see the back of him.
I always got the impression that it was more about his ego than the club. I think this manager knows the value of having fit players and looking after unfit ones. That said, his style of football sounds to be intense and in danger of creating a queue at their medical centre.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I've also heard many of the younger players hated the end of RDZs tenure. Also been told that there is a very slim chance Ferguson will leave this year, but next summer.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here