Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just Stop Oil

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Maybe she's more worried about our future....
Maybe many of us are worried about our future and making lifestyle changes to accommodate these concerns, without needing to ruin peoples evenings out at the theatre, deface ancient monuments, or prevent emergency services from saving lives.

How is it that literally everyone I know, even in the liberal and progressive theatre/arts world, absolutely detests the actions of JSO?

They are hugely, hugely unpopular because of ridiculous crimes like the one committed today.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is utter bollocks. It's just another subject the Guardian likes to sochi the middle classes with.

Cause of death statistics are published in the UK. The number of deaths caused by air pollution is 0.

They reach their number by estimating the amount of lifespan lost by a single person, and then multiplying that number by the number of people in the world.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Archaeologist Mike Pitts expressed his strong concern over the potential damage, and said that the megaliths were fenced off and guarded to protect their surfaces, which were entirely covered in prehistoric markings that haven't been fully analyzed. He also expressed concern about possible damage to the diverse lichen patterns on the megalith surfaces.
He could photograph the markings so he’s got a copy for posterity.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thank you, I have already had that correction.
In fairness, I’m not jumping on you for spelling mistakes. You’ll be the first to admit you’ve had an absolute mare today, getting a castle’s name wrong is the least of your worries :lol:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
If you believe an individual law is wrong then it would be hypocritical to follow it

I don’t believe you really mean that? That is the recipe for total anarchy.
It would also mean that any laws that come in to mitigate climate change can be freely ignored if you ‘believe it is wrong’. Not helpful!

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Quite - Our UK rainforests, or what's left of then, are 20,000 years old and vastly more important than a bunch of stones that have been moved, repaired, restored many times but who gives a crap about nature eh?

Genuine question: Do we really have rainforests in the uk? Where?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Genuine question: Do we really have rainforests in the uk? Where?
We had thick forest between the South & North Downs complete with wolves, and European brown bears. All those oaks cut down for ships, buildings & fuel, and not replaced.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
We do, now confined to areas on the western coasts, used to cover about 20% of the country. Coedydd Maentwrog up by me is a fine example, come and have a look one day!
that’s genuinely great to learn, but don’t go inviting people up there, let alone in their vehicles it’ll be the start of ruining something precious.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Cracking idea, won't cause any harm to the many species which live in the water, you really didn't think that though did you :facepalm:
Do you really think it was a serious suggestion? Come on. I mentioned fairy liquid which often gets tipped into fountains as an example of a student prank. Even football fans do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here