Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just Stop Oil

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're currently expected to run out of oil in 50 years. Do JSO think that the world can use other forms of energy, and leave the oil in the ground, and there won't be any countries that still want to use it?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
well, it doesn't work
Oh I see, the problem is your inability to read it seems..... it isn't ready yet, it's getting closer, most estimates forecast full-scale fusion generation by 2050... a short generation away, that's all..... small-scale breakthroughs have already happened.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
UN Secretary General says Just Stop Oil - Countries must phase out coal and other fossil fuels to avert climate “catastrophe”. I am with Antonio Guterres. This is based on the science not idle opinion.
Even Just Stop Oil don't deny that the government is committed to phasing out other fossil fuels (coal is not used much anyway in this country). This campaign isn't about what the target is, it's about how and how soon we should get there.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It’s not about Gorgeous George though is it? He’s inconsequential. It’s about people desperately trying to draw attention to the fact our Gov’t couldn’t give a flying f*** about Green New Deals or Net Zero. They have missed every single target they set. They have issued new oil and gas licences. The planet recorded its hottest ever week, both poles are melting. But yeah ‘knock a woman out for trying to draw attention to it.
100% agree it’s an important message, these people are bringing about awareness of our impending doom. It would be better if they start targeting the environment secretary. But really hard men on the internet who told them to hound politicians instead of go to the tennis, said they are gonna knock out 20 year old female students and old women. Pretty tragic that recently people are praising a bloke for launching a Milk Carton at a woman, it’s a sad state of affairs.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It's quite an old fashioned idea that a wedding is all about the man taking on a chattel. It's more often seen as a partnership of equals. Does Mrs. Osborne equally deserve it?

It's not the confetti itself that's the problem, because in itself it's harmless and easily ignored. It's the principle that it's trying to establish, that if you don't like a politician you are entitled to go after his private life and his family as well. Private life and family should be left alone.
I couldn’t care less tbh, a friend of mine would still be alive if it wasn’t for the austerity which he spearheaded. That man should be hounded every time he leaves the house.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They haven't won a thing. They just get closer and closer to something bad happening to them.

Imagine thinking that ignoring them makes them think twice about doing it again.

Thinking they can get away with f***ing with regular people because there are no consequences for their actions is why they keep doing it.
Their strategy is straight out the Trumpian playbook. Any publicity is good publicity. There is a certain type of person who gets truly triggered by this. If the press gave them no attention, they wouldn’t do it. Rags like the Sun, Express and Mail plaster this shit all over their front pages gaslighting their easily influenced readers to believe that all life’s woes are down to JSO.

Just ignore them FFS.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
ought to go to these protesters houses in plush Surrey and throw a few bags of orange ticker tape over their gardens and see how they like it

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Their strategy is straight out the Trumpian playbook. Any publicity is good publicity. There is a certain type of person who gets truly triggered by this. If the press gave them no attention, they wouldn’t do it. Rags like the Sun, Express and Mail plaster this shit all over their front pages gaslighting their easily influenced readers to believe that all life’s woes are down to JSO.

Just ignore them FFS.

How does this ingenious strategy of ignoring them get them off roads and f***ing with other people's lives and livelihoods?

This zero consequences strategy just seems to embolden them...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Most of these protestors are well off people.

It's why they don't fear losing their jobs or needing to be at work to stay above the bread line.
Many of these protestors are pensioners and students. Good for them, I say.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Many of these protestors are pensioners and students. Good for them, I say.

f*** everyone else hey.

f*** the people who have to get to work, hospital, home.

So long as the virtue signalling Boomers can do their thing.

These dickheads could stand on the side of the road with a sign could they not?

Honk for climate change would work better than their current strategy.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
f*** everyone else hey.

You really think that a peaceful roadside protest would get more exposure than the current one?

Name me one protest group that does this and achieves more debate than Just stop oil.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The confetti was at someone’s (private) wedding, not a sporting event…….which is out of order imo. Anyone in the public eye will maybe now have to think about security for their weddings, christenings and birthday parties ? Sporting events are fairer game
You really think that a peaceful roadside protest would get more exposure than the current one?

Name me one protest group that does this and achieves more debate than Just stop oil.
What does it really achieve? It’s makes the news people may have a debate and then we all drive to the petrol station and fill up.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
f*** everyone else hey.

Some are, but most of these are not boomers, they are largely of the millennial generation ...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

The only debate is around what dickheads they are.

The majority of people aren't debating the actual thing they are supposed to be trying to get everyone on board with.

I'm quite sure they would get plenty of coverage if they got large numbers people to join them usingless disruptive methods.

When you look like looney extremists you don't win people over.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What does it really achieve? It’s makes the news people may have a debate and then we all drive to the petrol station and fill up.
It keeps the topic in the zeitgeist.

The protests by animal rights groups in the 70's and 80' s were similarly derided but ultimately brought about changes in public attitudes and ultimately in law.

This issue is far more urgent. The fact that people from my generation feel it's a futile gesture doesn't change that.
When my kids are my age, they won't be driving up to the petrol station to fill up, they will be dealing with the consequences.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The only debate is around what dickheads they are.

The majority of people aren't debating the actual thing they are supposed to be trying to get everyone on board with.

I'm quite sure they would get plenty of coverage if they got large numbers people to join them usingless disruptive methods.

When you look like looney extremists you don't win people over.
The people being triggered by these acts won't be won over.
They aren't the target.

If you don't care about the issue, after the facts have been presented to you, then fair enough.
It doesn't mean it isn't the single most important issue for the coming generations.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It'll not be amusing when you, or I, am trying to get to a hospital for a procedure! Whatever their age.
I go to a hospital on a regular basis and haven’t been held up once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here