Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just Stop Oil

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I’m not saying I disagree with your sentiment or your logic. I’m merely saying that the law won’t support violence against them. And I happen to think that’s correct.

The law allows these clowns to keep doing what they are doing without any disincentivising actions. If the law won't assist the people who just want to go about their day then I'm all for people turfing these people out of their way.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The law allows these clowns to keep doing what they are doing without any disincentivising actions. If the law won't assist the people who just want to go about their day then I'm all for people turfing these people out of their way.
You support vigilantes, in other words.

The law doesn’t support the protestor, as several of them are already in prison, but as is the way with protests, it makes them more determined. After all, the suffragettes won their cause, as did Nelson Mandela.

The law isn’t always right.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The law isn't always right and the law frequently changes. Laws aren't a reflection of morality, they're the thinking of the time when the law is written. It should be fairly obvious that assaulting someone is against the law and should result in appropriate punishment. I do not believe the JSO people should be blocking roads, I have been against their tactics from the start. But that is no defence for driving into them or manhandling them out of the way.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

The law doesn’t support the protestor, as several of them are already in prison, but as is the way with protests, it makes them more determined. After all, the suffragettes won their cause, as did Nelson Mandela.

'Vigilantism' is moving some idiot out of the way who insisted on standing in the middle of the road which stops you from going about your daily life?

That's really pushing the limits of the definition to the max.

People have every right to stop others from blocking their daily lives in a counter protest. Just as the JSO idiots have the right to protest.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
'Vigilantism' is moving some idiot out of the way who insisted on standing in the middle of the road which stops you from going about your daily life?

That's really pushing the limits of the definition to the max.

People have every right to stop others from blocking their daily lives in a counter protest. Just as the JSO idiots have the right to protest.
Unwanted physical manhandling is assault. That's not "stretching the definition to the max" either.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Yes I do in some circumstances.

If you're pumping up the Suffragettes then you must support some violence too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The law isn't always right and the law frequently changes. Laws aren't a reflection of morality, they're the thinking of the time when the law is written. It should be fairly obvious that assaulting someone is against the law and should result in appropriate punishment. I do not believe the JSO people should be blocking roads, I have been against their tactics from the start. But that is no defence for driving into them or manhandling them out of the way.
Well said.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Attack on our judicial system and right to a fair trial. Shutting down of legal rights by the Tory’s and the judges and magistrates in their pockets.
A sad day for Britain.
Just playing devil's advocate, but isn't that actually pretty much what Tommy Robinson was doing? Jurys shouldn't be swayed by anything other than what happens in court.

Of course, she was probably pushed to it because it seems the judge in the case wasn't letting everything happen in court. It all starts with why protestors are protesting, not IF they are.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
you're very aggressive, fire up your bong and mong

Nothing aggressive. It's called common sense.

You'd have to be a complete moron to put yourself in harms way when you have no idea about the complete strangers you will come in contact with.

Don't f*** with people. It's not that hard.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just playing devil's advocate, but isn't that actually pretty much what Tommy Robinson was doing? Jurys shouldn't be swayed by anything other than what happens in court.

Of course, she was probably pushed to it because it seems the judge in the case wasn't letting everything happen in court. It all starts with why protestors are protesting, not IF they are.
I know you're playing devil's advocate, but the problem with Yaxley-Lennon is that he only stood outside courts that were trying Asian men.

The Home Office commissioned a study of the available data in 2020. It said:
  • "The academic literature highlights significant limitations to what can be said about links between ethnicity and this form of offending."
  • "Research has found that group-based child sexual exploitation offenders are most commonly white."

Sorry to derail the thread.

Back on topic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know you're playing devil's advocate, but the problem with Yaxley-Lennon is that he only stood outside courts that were trying Asian men.

The Home Office commissioned a study of the available data in 2020. It said:
  • "The academic literature highlights significant limitations to what can be said about links between ethnicity and this form of offending."
  • "Research has found that group-based child sexual exploitation offenders are most commonly white."

Sorry to derail the thread.

Back on topic.
No that was my point. She's only standing outside a court trying eco protestors. She's not moving round the country with that sign supporting burglars.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No, just another poster that has a different opinion to you
I believe the victims of crime shouldn't be dismissed because "they deserved it". If your opinion is different then that's fine, I'm comfortable with my belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here