Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just seen the first penalty

The ref had two big decisions to make . He got the Dunk red right, but the Murray penalty was never a pen - he deliberately stuck his leg into Kuszczak and went over - clever but not a pen. There was no way back at 2-0. He also struggled with the swan diving of numerous Palace - some were free kicks many weren't.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The extended highlights on Seagulls Player show the red card incident from 2 different angles , which is what was shown on yesterday's stream. From behind the goal Dunk gets his foot to the ball and then Bolasie trips over the outstretched leg , the other angle from the sidelines makes it look like Dunk has blatantly brought Bolasie down. Murray has conned the ref for the penalty by trailing his right leg and giving his trademark reflex jerk when falling over Kuszczak. The 2nd penalty was nailed on but again Murray had his arms up too , it was just that Greer shoved him to the ground. The good news is that the return fixture at The Amex will be GRUDGE MATCH of the season.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The extended highlights on Seagulls Player show the red card incident from 2 different angles , which is what was shown on yesterday's stream. From behind the goal Dunk gets his foot to the ball and then Bolasie trips over the outstretched leg , the other angle from the sidelines makes it look like Dunk has blatantly brought Bolasie down. Murray has conned the ref for the penalty by trailing his right leg and giving his trademark reflex jerk when falling over Kuszczak. The 2nd penalty was nailed on but again Murray had his arms up too , it was just that Greer shoved him to the ground. The good news is that the return fixture at The Amex will be GRUDGE MATCH of the season.

Did you manage to get some tickets in the end?
After they "sold out " the dozen or so on Thursday, more were mysteriously on sale on Friday morning, are you sure you tried to buy some, or was you telling porkies ? :rolleyes:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The red card and 2nd penalty were clear cut so we can't really have any complaints about those. I think Murray conned the ref for the 1st penalty and the corner they scored from was actually a blatant goal kick.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The old man was listening to the radio yesterday and they said that the red card was for dissent after the foul, the ref started to pull out a yellow and Dunk mouthed off and the ref changed it to red, it would make more sense.
First penalty the ref was conned not right, but the second was ridiculous by Greer and a clear cut penalty all day.
The ref did get sucked in by some play acting on Palarse part but not as much as a lot of people claim, but if you attack with pace (unlike some teams) you will get the benefit on decisions most of the time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did you manage to get some tickets in the end?
After they "sold out " the dozen or so on Thursday, more were mysteriously on sale on Friday morning, are you sure you tried to buy some, or was you telling porkies ? :rolleyes:

No , I was seriously pissed off that more tickets were released by the club after I committed myself to an overtime shift for Saturday morning. I'm glad I didn't go because I would probably have gone berserk and got myself nicked after the all the cheating that went on the pitch.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Haven't been bothered to watch it again yet but isn't there a case of offside before the cheats dive

Not for the first penalty, Greer flicks out and knocks it into the box, so Murray couldn't be offside as it was played by our player.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Having now seen the highlights 3 times I want to throw in my 6p of comment and let everyone think or comment about it. Dunk wtf were you thinking when that ball was played to you. The 1st peno, most refs would have given it. Who let Caldi mark their best header of the ball at a corner, where was our tallest defender I won't name him and wtf was Greer thinking by letting Murray get behind at the far post and then think he could raise his hands and get away with it. Yesterday was not the 1st time we,ve seen certain players lose it in a big game.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ref had no choice but to send off. As clear a red as you will see.

Have to agree. Clearly caught the player and was no where near getting the ball first. How some can say it was harsh is beyond belief. As for the first penalty, Kuschack caught him and whether Murray dragged his leg or not it was a rash challenge. The only way it might not have been a pen is if Murray was offside but seems he may have just been level and even if he wasn't the ball looked like it was knocked through to him of the leg of the Brighton player. Having said that, the build up started form CMS loosing the ball on the right wing whilst trying to break into their penalty area, although the Palace player had hold of his shorts which the lino on our side failed to see.

Nobody seems to have commented on the fact that Buckley was bundled over, much in the way that Greer assaulted Murray for their second penalty, before Palace had even scored but the ref didn't give the penalty although when the same foul occured just in our half he blew up for it.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
The red was harsh in my book simply because the Palace player did not have the ball under control. He'd poked it through to Kuschack before he hit the ground.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Red card and both pens were avoidable. Dunk would never have been sent off if he could control a football. The first pen would have been avoided if Greer hadn't panicked and played the ball into Murray's path when Calderon was about to clear it. The second would have been avoided if Greer hadn't fallen asleep and had marked his man properly. Simple as...

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
The old man was listening to the radio yesterday and they said that the red card was for dissent after the foul, the ref started to pull out a yellow and Dunk mouthed off and the ref changed it to red, it would make more sense.
First penalty the ref was conned not right, but the second was ridiculous by Greer and a clear cut penalty all day.
The ref did get sucked in by some play acting on Palarse part but not as much as a lot of people claim, but if you attack with pace (unlike some teams) you will get the benefit on decisions most of the time.

Dunk was on the floor with his head in his hands the moment he caught Bolassie, he didnt argue because he knew the card was going to be red, 1st pen iffy, but thats what you want your striker to do, 2nd pen it looked like Murray has whispered in his ear your a c-unit, Greer just seemed to look at Murray and double hand pushed him square in the chest, like he had been offered out, really strange one, not seen the 2 angled replay yet, but Bolassie is quick (as you may have noticed)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I'm sorry, but that is complete nonsense. The game was shown over here live, and I recorded it. I've just watched the incident again a number of times, in very slow motion. Firstly, I can confirm that as Dunk and Bolasie both go for the ball, Bolasie just gets there first with his right foot (hence the trajectory of the ball). Dunk's momentum takes his foot into Bolasie's foot, and as he continues to slide, Bolasie's left foot makes contact with Dunk's leg as well. Whichever way you look at it, it's a foul.

Dunk knew immediately he was in trouble, and falls back to the ground on his back with his hands to his head, facing the goal. As the referee runs up towards the incident, Dunk is getting up but with his back to the ref. A couple of yards before the ref reaches Dunk, his hand goes straight to his shirt pocket for the red card (the yellow card is in his shorts). There is nothing said by Dunk to the ref (Dunk had his back to him) and the referee had reached for the red card before he got to Dunk.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The ref had two big decisions to make . He got the Dunk red right, but the Murray penalty was never a pen - he deliberately stuck his leg into Kuszczak and went over - clever but not a pen. There was no way back at 2-0. He also struggled with the swan diving of numerous Palace - some were free kicks many weren't.

No, he had 3
Buckley getting bundled to the ground down their end would have been a penalty if it had been in front of our North Stand or It had been a Brighton challenge on a Palace attacker. It was neither & the ref didn't have the balls to give it at their home end. 1-1 & the two best chances in the next 30 mins were Barnes & CMS missing sitters with just keeper to best from 10 yards

No, he had 3
Buckley getting bundled to the ground down their end would have been a penalty if it had been in front of our North Stand or It had been a Brighton challenge on a Palace attacker. It was neither & the ref didn't have the balls to give it at their home end. 1-1 & the two best chances in the next 30 mins were Barnes & CMS missing sitters with just keeper to best from 10 yards

Couldn't see the Buckley incident as there was a big pole blocking my view of that area of the pitch - and I don't mean Kusczcak :lolol:

That ref was never going to give us anything.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just watched it and both were penalties and the red card correct - we got what we deserved

This. I personally thought the ref had a decent game. As soon as Kuszczak came out like that you just knew it was going to be a penalty, he wasn't going to get the ball from that position.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Murray was looking for the penalty the whole way, and we duly obliged. Will Buckley does exactly the same thing.

Penalty all day long, alas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here