Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just say NO !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I shouldn't laugh but I just saw this and it make me smile !

From the BBC

I love the comment 'he admitted he'd taken Crack Cocaine'. Perhaps the alligator thought he was going Cold Turkey, after all its only just past Thanksgiving.

The bit that amused me was this:-

"The four officials dragged Mr Apgar 40 yards (metres) out of the water, up a steep bank to the ambulance. "

Has the metric system become so entrenched in people's minds, that the BBC has to explain that "yards" are units of measurement, just like our much-loved "metre"?

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I like the fact that they needed to catch the animal. Why? They always do it with wild animals like Lions and Sharks too. It's like that animal has either now grown a ridiculously overpowering taste for human flesh or it needs to be punished for attempted murder. It a wild animal! Stick another animal near it and it will try to kill it and eat it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If you take crack cocaine, or drive too fast, or look funny, you deserve to be eaten by wild, slavering alligators. Or be HANGED until you're dead.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
afters said:
"Mr Apgar was later described as critically ill in hospital."

hilarious!

It's always funny when it's a crackhead though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Les Biehn said:
I like the fact that they needed to catch the animal. Why? They always do it with wild animals like Lions and Sharks too. It's like that animal has either now grown a ridiculously overpowering taste for human flesh or it needs to be punished for attempted murder. It a wild animal! Stick another animal near it and it will try to kill it and eat it.

That's really a bit of political correctness in truth. The fact is that people are building on reclaimed swamp land and thus encroaching on the Alligators' natural habitats. The same thing is happening in Australia where they have more than their fair share of very venomous snakes but the argument, which is not without some foundation, is that humans should be there in the first place.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man of Harveys said:
If you take crack cocaine, or drive too fast, or look funny, you deserve to be eaten by wild, slavering alligators. Or be HANGED until you're dead.

No, its just that you have to admit that it could be a factor in the guy's Predicament !

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
bhaexpress said:
That's really a bit of political correctness in truth. The fact is that people are building on reclaimed swamp land and thus encroaching on the Alligators' natural habitats. The same thing is happening in Australia where they have more than their fair share of very venomous snakes but the argument, which is not without some foundation, is that humans should be there in the first place.

Thats actually confused me a bit. I'm not quite sure what your trying to say.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Les Biehn said:
Thats actually confused me a bit. I'm not quite sure what your trying to say.

They try to rescue the poor defenceless creatures from the nasty human beings who have the nerve to move into their back yards yet the same humans object to getting bitten.

Cue Steve Irwin 'jokes'.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
bhaexpress said:
They try to rescue the poor defenceless creatures from the nasty human beings who have the nerve to move into their back yards yet the same humans object to getting bitten.

Cue Steve Irwin 'jokes'.

Are you agreeing with me or not? I'm still confused.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Les Biehn said:
Are you agreeing with me or not? I'm still confused.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, just making the point that its being kept alive because some people believe it has rights.

As far as it goes though, whilst mammals do get a taste for human flesh, but more often than not because they are too old or injured to chase their normal prey. Sharks and large reptiles do not. They mistake humans for fish or other animals, their reaction is purely instinctive.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
bhaexpress said:
Sharks and large reptiles do not. They mistake humans for fish or other animals, their reaction is purely instinctive.

This is my point, why capture or kill it when its just obeying its instinct. It's not like suddenly it's a threat to humans, it always was.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Les Biehn said:
This is my point, why capture or kill it when its just obeying its instinct. It's not like suddenly it's a threat to humans, it always was.

As I said, the notion is, not unrealistically, that the humans are in the animal's natural habitat and the humans are in the wrong to be there.

Also sharks and Alligators are becoming an endangered species and some people consider them to be an important part of the food chain.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Les, I think what is confusing you is that he missed out the word 'not' in one of his posts.

:lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Commander said:
Les, I think what is confusing you is that he missed out the word 'not' in one of his posts.

In the first post? Yeah, I just couldn't get a handle on the point he was trying to make.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Commander said:

Yes ? Where from ? Actually I blame society, they should leave the poor creatures alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here