Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just me that thought it was a reasonable match?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm glad you lot don't come to away matches. You'd have been suicidle after Millwall, Coventry, Watford and Reading away.

Went to all of those, and whilst not suicidal, none of them left me feeling best happy. I think the most disappointing thing for me from the Millwall games is that both times they were there for the taking, yet we played poorly. I can see them going down to be honest, and I'd be quite happy about that.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Thought both teams played fairly decent passing football. Thought we DOMINATED the first half and had more crosses in the box, more shots and more good movements than we've had all season. Was infinitely better than a number of the away matches this season. Yet all I heard from half time to leaving the stadium at 10.30 was moaning. There was a tosser behind me shouting "what a load of rubbish" and another shouting "we don't deserve anything from this you useless c**ts". Is it just me that sees a game for what it is, rather than thinking we're abjectly poor if we don't win and world beaters if we do? Yes there were unforced errors and the Millwall goals were soft but we played better than against Forest and Leicester, but I didn't hear such vitriol at those matches.

I guess what I'm trying to say is support the team, for f***'s sake.

I enjoyed a decent championship game tonight.

I agree, not a great game and not a great Albion performance by a long chalk, but far from rubbish.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Gus said,

"Everything went wrong in this game for us.

"The effort was great but we made so many bad decisions".

I'm glad he said "we" because it wasn't difficult from seeing the starting formation that it was all gonna go wrong.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
We were under par tonight but not rubbish. The atmosphere never got going - a bit like the team.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Thought both teams played fairly decent passing football. Thought we DOMINATED the first half and had more crosses in the box, more shots and more good movements than we've had all season. Was infinitely better than a number of the away matches this season. Yet all I heard from half time to leaving the stadium at 10.30 was moaning. There was a tosser behind me shouting "what a load of rubbish" and another shouting "we don't deserve anything from this you useless c**ts". Is it just me that sees a game for what it is, rather than thinking we're abjectly poor if we don't win and world beaters if we do? Yes there were unforced errors and the Millwall goals were soft but we played better than against Forest and Leicester, but I didn't hear such vitriol at those matches.

I guess what I'm trying to say is support the team, for f***'s sake.

I enjoyed a decent championship game tonight.

I'll go along with that but far too many misplaced passes from us.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Thought both teams played fairly decent passing football. Thought we DOMINATED the first half and had more crosses in the box, more shots and more good movements than we've had all season. Was infinitely better than a number of the away matches this season.

That was why it was so bad. If we'd been patient, pulled Millwall about and played our normal game, they'd have been there for the taking. We were far to urgent, every time we got the ball it had to go forward, and that caused us great problems, because we spread so wide, that when we lose the ball, we're in trouble. We had no control of the game, it was far, far to open (given how we like to play) and we let ourselves down.

That said, it certainly wasn't conference/sunday league like some will exaggerate! You can see that there is a lot of ability out there, it just didn't produce the kind of football we're used too! For me it was up there with Watford away as the most disapointing performance this season.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I thought they were the better side because they played to their strengths & our lot seemed to have at least 1 eye on a certain impending FA Cup tie at Klanfield. We were devoid of creativity & movement before Nooney & KLL came on - & it was certainly the worst Albion home display since we mugged Forest IMO. We were very fortunate to get a point at the end of the game & I certainly wouldn't have begrudged 'Wall coming away with all 3 points tbh. It certainly is a funny old game (Saint).

Brighton247.com

Jan 22, 2012
WSL
I was not comfortable with the performance tonight. We were giving the ball away unnecessarily, tbh for part of the first half we looked okay, but I honestly thought we were lucky to escape with a draw. could have easily lost, Worst football i've seen in a while from Brighton. Bridcutt was working hard, Keeper had a bit of a shocker, Both teams were passing the ball to the other team far to often...

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
I genuinely thought it was one of his best performances tonight.
Have to agree. Thought Barnes had a good game, defended well when needed, good movement and held ball. We were lucky to get a point against Millwall at new den and have seen worse sides this season. I agree with some of Notters original post too.

Mainly tonight IMO too many unforced errors......but then there are games like that.....whatever level you play at......take the point and move on

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It was a poor game last night no doubt and some people do go overboard with the critisism. The positives I take - we still held on for a draw (and I mean held on), despite playing poorly top teams are always complimented when the takes points playing poorly why not us, Gus tried some new tactics and combinations that did not come off well no real harm and another lesson for the team.
I'm sure most would have been happy with 4 points form the last 2 games

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Poor performance from the Albion last night. Poyet over tinkered with the formation and it didn't work as planned. Gus himself has admitted as much. I'm very grateful for the point. Hopefully we can learn a lot from the game.

Fwiw I thought Millwall worked very hard and countered extremely well. We were fortunate to get a draw I thought.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh jeeze [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION], they don't want to hear that on dear old NSC, they want good moan threads, although I guess you gave ammo to have this one hijacked. How are they supposed to get their pint of blood when someone is being blatantly optimistic? Stop it at once and start reading and digesting the 100+ Brighton managers here! You maverick.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We dominated the first half? Did I just wake up in opposite land?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here