Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just JUST over 12,000 at Selhurst tonight! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
The irony on this website never fails to astound me. Last year you hardly ever sold your ground out (which was about 6k capacity). Now you've got a new stadium, and a very nice one it is too, and you're gloating at us for getting small crowds, even though they're double what you were getting last year!

Oh wait, but you were in the lower leagues, you had a racetrack around your ground, blah blah blah. Attendances are in decline all over the country, you're only anomalous because you've got the novelty of a new stadium. On the pitch we're going somewhere, whereas you seem to have stalled. We have a great young manager, great youth system, and even the atmosphere at Selhurst is improving. No matter your clutching at straws, we have a lot to be proud of as a club. Attendances will increase soon enough.

Hardly going anywhere, outside the playoffs. Calm down.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
4,000 to Man United. 150 to Derby. I think is the response to that.
My stock answer will always be the statistic that I have enjoyed trotting out on many occasions on here:

1979 Palace v Burnley Att: 51,700
1984 Palace v Wimbledon Att: 4,005

Four and a half years and just one relegation in that time, and the gate drops by 47,700. No-one does PLASTIC and ARMCHAIR like Palace fans do.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
My stock answer will always be the statistic that I have enjoyed trotting out on many occasions on here:

1979 Palace v Burnley Att: 51,700
1984 Palace v Wimbledon Att: 4,005

Four and a half years and just one relegation in that time, and the gate drops by 47,700. No-one does PLASTIC and ARMCHAIR like Palace fans do.

Hah. Palace are like a bunch of children. They moan and slag off brighton every week. They claim ridiculous things about us. Oh you have more of a gate so you're plastic. You ONLY go because of your new stadium. Then when the true facts are put forward they run out of ideas and you can imagine a shrill, half assed, squeaky 3-1!!!! Like this makes your dire situation better. If you're a football fan, at least be like us albion fans and know your stuff. I mean we don't go on your forum spouting pointless drivel, no, we don't favour trawling that filth.

Big Cuddly Pandas.

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
No its not Tooting Gull. No sure where you have been but Albion were asset striped and palace had the best spell in their history, whilst we the worst. Despite this they get half our crowds. We now compare like with like and frankly they dont cut the mustard. They are so small time that they are an embarrassment to call a rival, especially when you think of their joke protests in the city.

Sorry, but you really are a thick and deluded individual.

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
Well the point I'm trying to make is more about them than us. It might be a rubbish stadium, but it's hardly the Withdean and very easy to get to. I could be there in 15 mins from where I live now, but I'd struggle to see a Palace shirt in my neck of the woods. I think they suffer from a bit of an identity crises to be honest.

Probably something to do with having 3 or 4 of the biggest teams in the country within 10 square miles of us, don't you think?

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
So, that excuse is ok for you but 12 years at 6000 then 8000 capacity Withdean had no impact on our fan base? Please explain how that works?

As I've said previously-you really are an odious little twerp with no grasp on reality.

f*** me, don't quote the size of the Withdean being a factor when you didn't even sell it out!

There's a massive smell of inferiority complex from most Brighton fans on this thread. Sickening!

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
If Palace win the carling cup, they will, quite rightly, lord it over us. The fact that they haven't won anything as big ever before will be irrelevant. The fact that we haven't had a ground for 14 years, and had an owner intent on destroying our club before that, makes our attendances for the last 20 years fairly irrelevant. As it is, we currently have very good support, and as long as Palace keep claiming it's plastic, we'll keep pointing out it's miles better than their support.

Standard of support isn't only related to attendances.

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
An earlier poster in this thread had it spot on. Most of you really do wreak of someone who had nothing, has suddenly come into a bit of 'cash', and now like to think you've always been 'superior' (in whatever deluded way most of you seem to be kidding yourselves that you are).

Very short sighted.

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
No it makes YOU feel embarrassed and it makes YOU feel we are desperate. What was the capacity in the final years of the Goldstone? Then 2 years at Gillingham and a 90%+ full Withdean stadium for ten years? If that embarrasses you, all well and good, that is your prerogative. But I do not have to, and will not subscribe to your point of view or the Palarse apologist El Pres, simple as that really.

It's really pointless to lie to yourself.

EDIT: and good morning.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
It's really pointless to lie to yourself.

EDIT: and good morning.

It always makes me laugh when these soppy little Nigels come on here, obviously up a bit early for school. The Millwall 'house of fun' site has it spot on with the thread on their opening page 'what is the point of Crystal Palace fc?'. Well they do provide us with some entertainment on here I suppose.
:D

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Standard of support isn't only related to attendances.

Very true. When you look at the Albion supporters fight to save the club and subsequently secure planning permission for Falmer I think we possibly have the best supporters in the world.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Very true. When you look at the Albion supporters fight to save the club and subsequently secure planning permission for Falmer I think we possibly have the best supporters in the world.

this

but Palace have had some rough moments in recent years haven't they? Surely they were fighting tooth and nail to save their club weren't they?

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
It always makes me laugh when these soppy little Nigels come on here, obviously up a bit early for school. The Millwall 'house of fun' site has it spot on with the thread on their opening page 'what is the point of Crystal Palace fc?'. Well they do provide us with some entertainment on here I suppose.
:D

What was the point in quoting my post if you're not going to/can't respond to it?

Those lovely people on the HOF are a great bunch to look up to and respect the opinions of!

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
this

but Palace have had some rough moments in recent years haven't they? Surely they were fighting tooth and nail to save their club weren't they?

Thanks WC. I was going to make that point.

However, according to working class pride earlier in this thread, the fact that we protested up in London outside the Lloyds headquarters makes us a 'joke of a club'. I wonder if this makes Brighton a joke of a club also in his opinion, as you've pointed out, we've both had to fight to save our clubs.

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
this

Obviously

Paid off the clubs debt to St. Johns Ambulance, traveled to away games despite having the worst away record in the Football League (not any more obviously), thousands supported the club in protests, thousands outside Lloyds in London all through the day, getting MP's and even David Cameron involved to release support statements etc. Our support through administration was f*cking fantastic, as our chairmen will agree.

Didn't you end up in the Withdean because your fans didn't care enough to keep the old ground? Weren't you regularly averaging 6000 until this year?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didn't you end up in the Withdean because your fans didn't care enough to keep the old ground? Weren't you regularly averaging 6000 until this year?

I suggest you f*** OFF back to shit infested south London slum and come back when you have done some research you utter bellend.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Obviously

Paid off the clubs debt to St. Johns Ambulance, traveled to away games despite having the worst away record in the Football League (not any more obviously), thousands supported the club in protests, thousands outside Lloyds in London all through the day, getting MP's and even David Cameron involved to release support statements etc. Our support through administration was f*cking fantastic, as our chairmen will agree.

You really do talk shit, is it a naturally occurring habit or do you actually try to sound like a bit of a cock?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Thanks WC. I was going to make that point.

However, according to working class pride earlier in this thread, the fact that we protested up in London outside the Lloyds headquarters makes us a 'joke of a club'. I wonder if this makes Brighton a joke of a club also in his opinion, as you've pointed out, we've both had to fight to save our clubs.

What made it a joke was how it was all done at the last minute with about 250 supporters. Tin pot shit fans :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here