Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how shit is McCammon??

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he had his best game for us last night and it is CRUEL that he has fallen ill again. He was even running with the ball well last night and I think if he had been playing the whole game he would have got on the score sheet.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Unbelievable thread, I hope he doesn't read this shit...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree Chappers. I was actually amazed how he ran with it. Clearly we will see the best of him next season. Although this season would be nice!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

As I've said in another thread,he'd be pushed to get into a Brighton League team.Sick or not,he just hasn't got it.Can't control a ball,can't pass,can't head a ball,or jump to reach it,no idea of positioning , does't read the game,no stamina,no speed.....no wonder he's "playing " for us.:censored:..the rest.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
withdeanwombat said:
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

As I've said in another thread,he'd be pushed to get into a Brighton League team.Sick or not,he just hasn't got it.Can't control a ball,can't pass,can't head a ball,or jump to reach it,no idea of positioning , does't read the game,no stamina,no speed.....no wonder he's "playing " for us.:censored:..the rest.

Thanks for that. From now on I'll know to ignore your posts as you obviously haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe so Wombat. But I believe that McCammon does a job in that the opposition defenders dont like marking him like Akinbiyi etc.

I will be the first to admit that he wont get many goals (Mark will probably be the second). But he does have presence which regrettably McPhee did not have last night.

And thats the point. The trouble is we dont have other players at the moment who can score goals. If we had another free scoring forward who can bag 15 - 20 goals a season (as opposed to playing them on the wing maybe?) or one or two midfielders who can score 10+ a season then it dont matter.

I think the intention is for Mark to 'put himself about a bit'. Trouble is we dont have players who can feed off scraps.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
He has been getting stick since before we even signed him just because Millwall fans didn't rate him. He came in when we desperately needed someone to play up front and clearly unfit having not played for months he went straight into the team and appeared clumsy and lumbersome. A few games later however and with a few games under his belt he seemed to have more purpose and was getting about a bit more making a nuisance of himself, getting forward and holding the ball up for support. I thought he was starting to look promising. He then bangs in 3 goals and a lot of people look to have egg on their faces until he gets this mystery illness and has since become less effective again. I thought last night it was very obvious that he was unwell and despite this he still got in the right places and muscled in where Reading didn't want him until he was ultimately too ill to continue.
He hasn't had a proper run in the side when we've had everyone fit and available and I still believe that him and Leon up front, given a run together and time to forge a working partnership could prove to be very effective. He has done nothing so far to make me think he won't be a great benefit to us in the future. My only worry is that next season he may be up against League 1 opposition without Leon alongside him.
The persistent ignorance of some people on here is starting to get on my nerves to be honest and I think it is sad that people aren't more tolerant when it comes to our players, many of whom are criticised most unjustly as I see it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Voroshilov said:
Thanks for that. From now on I'll know to ignore your posts as you obviously haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

I have to go along with the Voro here. McCammon was one player that didn't look too bad against Wigan and given that he's clearly ill I find the insulting remarks about him quite uncalled for.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
I vote this as the most pathetic thread since pathetic threads were invented. Were I Easy 10 I would be tempted to either:

A) Throw some hottish soup over the originator (complete with croutons) or;

B) Fling a messy sticky eclair over the originator.

If Big Mac was that bad how did you think Oatway or OGh did last niht.

DOH!"

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
How can anyone who posts shit like this, call themself a fan. The poor guy may not be the most talented but he really does look like he tries.

He was also ill last night :tosser:

give him a chance, he will come good.

so the question is

did we look more like scoring with or without Big Mark on the field.

IMHO once he'd gone off we were really struggling to impose ourselves on their defence - we looked much more likely to score with him on the field than we did without him.

Once he'd gone off we had to try and settle for apoint, which we would have got had not Forster punched the ball in.............

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
Buckie..c'mon do you think that these comments are worthwhile?

The poster is having a laugh.

It is surely better it is done on here, rather than at the game when comments might get to the player.

People know I do not overly rate McCammon, but I think he has looked better when fit (although not great), regarding last night it was obvious there was something wrong with him and lets hope it is not the same thing that brought a premature end to John Piercy's playing days.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perry Milkins said:
Buckie..c'mon do you think that these comments are worthwhile?

The poster is having a laugh.

that is the beauty of a message board, that you post what you feel at the time.

I happen to believe MCCammon is not blessed with skill, more endeavour, which you can get away with at lower levels of footy...certainly Championship defenders seem to have worked him out...but I also believe we have not seen him fully fit yet, although if you do read other teams boards, they recon he has never been fully fit!

BTW Chappers did you think he played as well as he did against Sunderland, when I thought he had his best game I have ever seen him play?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:

BTW Chappers did you think he played as well as he did against Sunderland, when I thought he had his best game I have ever seen him play?

Didn't go, Dave. I'll bow to your knowledge on this one but I just thought he played really well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here