A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1468892847835340806[/tweet]

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I was listening to a R5 phone-in today about Johnson. A rather dim woman challenged one of his critics to you give just one example of Johnson's 'so called lies'. This would have thrown me - there have been so many you kind of lose track of them.

At such a time, this link is invaluable. This is a very full compendium of Johnson's (and cronies') lies, with an explanation of why the contentions are lies. It is produced not by some trendy left wing academic but by Peter Oborne, a right-wing ex Telegraph staffer.

Hope the link works OK.

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1469332156656889860[/tweet]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
but sydney's are? again, you make no sense :moo:

Thanks for stepping in. He has shown a complete lack of interest in keeping to the thread topic but has an unhealthy interest in the personal circumstances of other posters. Like so much of his (lack of) thought process, he is presumptuous and makes completely uninformed judgements.

For the record, as in all the rest of his vacuous declarations, he is wrong and I have reluctantly concluded that his comments are just tiresome and unworthy of response...

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I was listening to a R5 phone-in today about Johnson. A rather dim woman challenged one of his critics to you give just one example of Johnson's 'so called lies'. This would have thrown me - there have been so many you kind of lose track of them.

At such a time, this link is invaluable. This is a very full compendium of Johnson's (and cronies') lies, with an explanation of why the contentions are lies. It is produced not by some trendy left wing academic but by Peter Oborne, a right-wing ex Telegraph staffer.

Hope the link works OK.

Yes, it's good to see the list of lies in one place, although there are several more to be added now.....

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Thanks for stepping in. He has shown a complete lack of interest in keeping to the thread topic but seems to show an unhealthy interest in the personal circumstances of other posters. Like so much of his (lack of) thought process, he is presumptuous and makes completely uniformed judgements.

For the record, as in all the rest of his vacuous declarations, he is wrong and I have reluctantly concluded that his comments are just tiresome and unworthy of response...

he is a little scamp, his witterings do occasionaly make me laugh, (in a sad, condescending manner), but when you think of his commitment and TIME SPENT!, it is really very sad indeed

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Hope the link works OK.

This also makes the UK look bad on the world stage, how can we look at other countries with despot leaders such as North Korea and say they are lying about warheads and their leader cannot be trusted? They would simply say YOUR leader blatantly lies to your people, and you go along with it and still vote for him

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Screenshot 2021-12-11 at 10.42.18.png

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Apart from the frivolity and insults directed at Johnston (for which I can claim a fair share), I found an article that has genuinely deepened and expanded my understanding of the causes of recent woeful leadership in our country.... if you have time, it is well worth reading.....

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...s-boris-johnson-sad-little-boys-richard-beard

Utterly brilliant article; thanks for posting. Made me think that not only is there a strong case for abolishing these institutions in the name of social mobility but equally in the name of child protection.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Apart from the frivolity and insults directed at Johnston (for which I can claim a fair share), I found an article that has genuinely deepened and expanded my understanding of the causes of recent woeful leadership in our country.... if you have time, it is well worth reading.....

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...s-boris-johnson-sad-little-boys-richard-beard

Interesting article. The Guardian can always be relied upon to provide a balanced, stance free approach.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Utterly brilliant article; thanks for posting. Made me think that not only is there a strong case for abolishing these institutions in the name of social mobility but equally in the name of child protection.

Yes. It is a good, experiential article from a person who suffered in the system more or less at the same time as Johnston, rather than being Guardian comment..... but you only know that if you actually read it.......

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
An interesting article by someone who suffered by being sent to boarding school at a very early age.
I went to boarding school from the age of eight and left the day before my eighteenth birthday. This was 1957 to 1966 and I’ll bet life for us ‘little men’ was rather more harsh and austere than Johnson, Cameron and Beard lived through quite a number of years later.
Yes, eight is far too young to sent away from your family and some boys naturally coped better than others, but I cannot recall endless crying and bed wetting at my prep school and certainly not at my public school. Lots of farting and mucking about after lights out in our dormitory at public school. Not surprising in a bare boarded stark dormitory housing 49!! of us.
Our headmaster had been head since pre war days and I don’t think the culture had changed much in all those years. Change began gradually in the mid sixties as it became clear that neither parents nor pupils would put up with the austerity that still existed.
As a bit of a rebel, my overiding memory is of being made to ‘conform’ to a certain set of rules. If you were an awkward bugger, the prefects or staff would get you under the catchall of ‘general attitude’. In my day, prefects were allowed to beat the younger boys. You were summonsed from the dormitory after lights out and sent to the bathroom, no dressing gown allowed , bent over the bath and whacked with a slipper by the senior prefect whilst the other prefects looked on. Unbelievable now!
I could go on with many tales and injustices, but won’t bore on.
In conclusion, I don’t think my education scarred me for life and I think I emerged relatively unscathed with a resilience and determination to never let any ******** I came across in life grind me down.
Would I wish my children or grandchildren to have had ‘my experiences’? Not in a million years.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
An interesting article by someone who suffered by being sent to boarding school at a very early age.
I went to boarding school from the age of eight and left the day before my eighteenth birthday. This was 1957 to 1966 and I’ll bet life for us ‘little men’ was rather more harsh and austere than Johnson, Cameron and Beard lived through quite a number of years later.
Yes, eight is far too young to sent away from your family and some boys naturally coped better than others, but I cannot recall endless crying and bed wetting at my prep school and certainly not at my public school. Lots of farting and mucking about after lights out in our dormitory at public school. Not surprising in a bare boarded stark dormitory housing 49!! of us.
Our headmaster had been head since pre war days and I don’t think the culture had changed much in all those years. Change began gradually in the mid sixties as it became clear that neither parents nor pupils would put up with the austerity that still existed.
As a bit of a rebel, my overiding memory is of being made to ‘conform’ to a certain set of rules. If you were an awkward bugger, the prefects or staff would get you under the catchall of ‘general attitude’. In my day, prefects were allowed to beat the younger boys. You were summonsed from the dormitory after lights out and sent to the bathroom, no dressing gown allowed , bent over the bath and whacked with a slipper by the senior prefect whilst the other prefects looked on. Unbelievable now!
I could go on with many tales and injustices, but won’t bore on.
In conclusion, I don’t think my education scarred me for life and I think I emerged relatively unscathed with a resilience and determination to never let any ******** I came across in life grind me down.
Would I wish my children or grandchildren to have had ‘my experiences’? Not in a million years.

It's encouraging to read your story of defiance which clearly helped you to survive.

Implicitly it suggests that the experience threatened to be damaging and the thrust of the article is that many people who endured such dislocation from family are psychologically ill suited to leadership, but paradoxically are 'shaped' to seek it as their role in life. Beard's thesis is entirely plausible and in my opinion gives an insight into the psychology of our last two old Etonian PMs who have 'misled' this country into such a parlous state. I hope you can agree....

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tories right in meltdown over face masks and vaccine passports to protect public health

Never mind their new laws that attack peaceful protest and the human rights act

Freedom eh...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here