Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got back from the Olympic Stadium

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
You lucky boy!! Or girl. You witnessed an incredible night.

I am very jealous

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Today has been the best day of sport I've ever witnessed rowing , cycling & athletics every victory was like watching the climax of a great sports movie, euphoria of winning then tears of joy every time we won an event a truly magical day ( oh & the Albion beat Chelsea as well )

You missed a top show at the Amex.......much cheaper too, and decent pies.

Seriously though, tonight looked fantastic on TV, dead jealous

The Albion result just topped off a wonderful day - looking at some of the threads on pricing and service at the game I am not sure there was much difference and I didn't have to queue for some very nice fish and chips.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm just back from the Millennium Stadium where Team GB played out a THRILLING 1-1 draw with Korea, before losing 5-4 on penalties.

What happened in the Olympic Stadium? Did I miss anything?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
You lucky person - it was magic just watching it on the telly.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I'm just back from the Millennium Stadium where Team GB played out a THRILLING 1-1 draw with Korea, before losing 5-4 on penalties.

What happened in the Olympic Stadium? Did I miss anything?

NSC Gold

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I saw Gunnell and Christie win gold at Barcelona and it was an experience of a life time but I expect being there tonight topped that by quite come bit. Jealous.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
You made good time, just got home at 02.30. Stewards (Gamesmakers) were excellent leading a singalong outside Stratford station while the queue waited patiently for trains home. Stadium seat to St Pancras in just under 50 minutes, could teach Wembley something. Hell of a lot of Stamps to buy tomorrow. :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You made good time, just got home at 02.30. Stewards (Gamesmakers) were excellent leading a singalong outside Stratford station while the queue waited patiently for trains home. Stadium seat to St Pancras in just under 50 minutes, could teach Wembley something. Hell of a lot of Stamps to buy tomorrow. :)

Shoulda stayed behind for a beer - queues had died down by the time I left the stadium...

What a night...!!!

How did it compare to when BHA played in the cup final?

In terms of a personal feeling of anticipation and excitement the Cup Final would be better but obviously the result wasn't the best . But what couldn't be surpassed last night was the results - I left home knowing Jess Ennis was pretty nailed on for a Gold, hoped that Mo could do it but didn't have any expectation of the Long Jump and when Dai Greene struggled in the first race I thought things might go wrong all evening. The other comparison was the atmosphere - in the cup final being amongst 30,000 Albion fans cheering the team on for what has been a "one -off" so far has lived with me forever but being amongst an 80,000 crowd - 95 % of whom were Brits screaming support was a noise I have never expereinced in any football stadium.
I am still buzzing this morning that I was privileged to be present at the greatest night for British athletics in modern times. I have always loved the Olympics since I was young and this has been a dream fulfilled in a way I could never have thought possible.
The volleyball on Tuesday is going to be a bit of an anti-climax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here