Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got back from Roots Hall

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Revell's "challenge" on Kuipers was absolutely disgusting. It was basically a two-footed challenge on Kuipers head, and borderline life-threatening. If you think I'm exaggerating, think about all the people who get brain damage from having their heads kicked/stamped on.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Revell's "challenge" on Kuipers was absolutely disgusting. It was basically a two-footed challenge on Kuipers head, and borderline life-threatening. If you think I'm exagerrating, think about all the people who get brain damage from having their heads kicked/stamped on.
The Chelsea keeper got a bad head injury from Hunt so Kuipers was lucky

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Very enjoyable game and a brilliant atmosphere, my voice has totally given up on me now! I couldn't really see the sending off from where I was, it looked as if Virgo was going to be sent off as he seemed to dive in first, but as I said wasn't clear from my position.

Quality goal from Murray,turned the defender and struck into the opposite corner - keeper got a hand on it but not enough.

The second had some quality build up play but we were a bit fortunate as it took a huge deflection.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'll wait to see the Revell incident again, but to me it looked liked a player going for a ball albeit badly.

Funny how you see things though - most people round me didn't have a clue what the guy was sent off for.

I thought Virgo had put in a bad challenge and the bloke reacted. Apparently the actual incident was very different - did anyone get a good view.

I see someone saw the saw thing as me above.

Great end to the second with some sublime play (particularly the move for the second goal), but Southend were much the better side in the first half.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'll wait to see the Revell incident again, but to me it looked liked a player going for a ball albeit badly.

Funny how you see things though - most people round me didn't have a clue what the guy was sent off for.

I thought Virgo had put in a bad challenge and the bloke reacted. Apparently the actual incident was very different - did anyone get a good view.

I see someone saw the saw thing as me above.
Saw tv replays.Terrible tackle,studing showing.Deffo a red.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
QUOTE]

Went flying in two-footed and was airborne for about a second (think Peter Crouch versus Chelsea last year), while Kuipers was trying to gather the ball, with his head in the firing line. Should have been sent off and a 7 or 8 game ban. I was about 15 yards away from it and it was utterly utterly sickening. Lost all respect I ever had for Revell.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
QUOTE]

Went flying in two-footed and was airborne for about a second (think Peter Crouch versus Chelsea last year), while Kuipers was trying to gather the ball, with his head in the firing line. Should have been sent off and a 7 or 8 game ban. I was about 15 yards away from it and it was utterly utterly sickening. Lost all respect I ever had for Revell.

Cheers, didn't get a good view. Revell was absolutely hounded by the Brighton fans though wasn't he ? It was Scott Macgleishtastic

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
QUOTE]

But was Kuipers right to react like that? He could have been sent off as well.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
QUOTE]

It is funny because I saw a different view to that. I am sure you are right, but my view at the time was that it was not that bad a challenge and Kuipers over reacted and at the time I was annoyed that he could have got himself sent off by reacting. If the tackle was as bad as that then I can understand his reaction.

Mar 12, 2008
In the 2nd half Revell chased down a long ball and Kuipers, after clearing it, had a few choice words for him. Was obviously still fuming...

steve-c

agree southend owned the first half, revell should of gone , it was a nasty looking attempt at getting the ball, wait to see replay if ref got it wrong and he should of went, maybe thats why the ref sent off the other one, we were the lucky ones as we robbed then. ( thats football) but we did play some good stuff when we passed it around , some even started to cheer each pass . so if we can play badly and still win 0-2 away from home the season looks bright.

away support was fantastic as usual, harding did not even look at us , should of stayed at a big club, he fluffed a few clearences, revell got plenty of stick but only because of the tackle on FDM .

:albion2:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Re. Kuipers/Revell incident. I wasn't there (am on hols in France) but in those circumstances if the keeper stays down and still, the incident looks much worse and maybe Revell would have seen red. I suspect Revell knew that he could wind Kuipers up and was primed to go in early (or late!) on him.
PG

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You really can't blame Kuipers for reacting the way he did. It was an abysmal challenge.

No you can't, it would be extremely self-disciplined not to react at all if someone pretty much jumps on your head, not surprised that he was a little narked by it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here