Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got back from Roots Hall

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You really can't blame Kuipers for reacting the way he did. It was an abysmal challenge.

No you can't, it would be extremely self-disciplined not to react at all if someone pretty much jumps on your head, not surprised that he was a little narked by it.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
No you can't, it would be extremely self-disciplined not to react at all if someone pretty much jumps on your head, not surprised that he was a little narked by it.

The Revell incident was right in front of us and the fact is he was NEVER going to get to that ball before Kuipers. If I didn't know Revell better I would have seen it as a malicious challenge but I don't think he's that sort of player - just an OTT challenge in a game he was obviously pumped up for. Really should have been a straight red, and any complaints Tilson has about the sending off have to be seen in that context.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
The Revell incident was right in front of us and the fact is he was NEVER going to get to that ball before Kuipers. If I didn't know Revell better I would have seen it as a malicious challenge but I don't think he's that sort of player - just an OTT challenge in a game he was obviously pumped up for. Really should have been a straight red, and any complaints Tilson has about the sending off have to be seen in that context.

Fully agree. I don't think it was malicious I just think Revell was overly pumped up for the game. just very, very late and 2 footed. A clear red card and was very suprised he was not sent off.

Would like to see the actual sending off again. I'll be honest when I saw the red card come out I was slightly worried it was going to be for Virgo who went in first. I can only assume Virgs got the ball and their guy went over the top.

Played poorly first half although thought they withstood a physical battle quite well. Too much hoofing though. Played better second half, even before sending off. Fantastic clearance off the line by Elphick at 1-0 was as good as a goal.

Really pleased for Murray to score. Seemed to gain confidence from his goal and could easily have had another after that.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I thought it was a great result, the fans visibly lifted the players, and they were responding to our passionate support. Especially Forster and Murray.

Im still not sure how Forsters goal ended up going in the goal, it looked like the shot was blocked and saved by the keeper.

Murrays goal was well taken and it was amazing to see him run into the fans and get a heroes worship.
Once he scored he was a different player, trying to shoot instead of make needless passes. I think he will be back and by Leeds over taken Forster as our top scorer.

We were pretty solid at the back and didn give them too many clear cut chances. Southend realised Richards was a bit of weak link and kept hitting long balls over his head for Betsy to run onto, which worked pretty much everytime.

I am MIFFED with our continual longball tactics, it was clear from what everyone tells me it did not work against BRistol ROvers, and yet yesterday we persisted with this needless tactic.

Even when they were down to 10 men we were humping it forwards and not once did it work. Something clicked and we finally played keep ball and Southend were chasing shadows and we looked comfortable and like a team capable of winning this league.

Loft changed the game, came on left midfield and withing seconds we notched the second!

Tremendous support from our fans, and a fine example of stewarding from the Southend brigade

There were a few Brighton "fans" I was ashamed to be associated with and ashamed to know they were linked to our club, but i guess its these sorts of games that brings the twats out to play. Clearly coked off their faces, looked like idiots, they acted like idiots, and for some of them to start on random members of the public was DISGRACEFUL

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It looked as though Kuipers already had the ball in his grasp and was on the floor with his back turned to Revell, when Revell went in with both feet.

I used to like Revell as I thought he was a fair player, but that tackle was atrocious in my humble opinion.

I was right at the front, near the corner and managed to grab a piece of Murrays shirt when there was the mass bundle by the advertising hoarding. I thought we might sneak a result if we could hold out during the first half, which we duly did.

Great fun and a great result.

"We are top of the league..." :clap2:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
There were a few Brighton "fans" I was ashamed to be associated with and ashamed to know they were linked to our club, but i guess its these sorts of games that brings the twats out to play. Clearly coked off their faces, looked like idiots, they acted like idiots, and for some of them to start on random members of the public was DISGRACEFUL

very brave. what happened ?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
very brave. what happened ?

Thankfully nothing, but its just the way people carry themselves trying to live their lives like an extra from Football Factory, different groups of people, but behaving in the same way. People that drunk in the GOlden Lion would have seen them, and a lot of people had the same opinion as me.

Then on the way back, some of fans started pushing some commuters on the platform of the underground, shouting at them and over nothing

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I still think he should have walked for this and perhaps would have done if the challenge was not right at the start of the match.

Attachments

• Revell.JPG
    Revell.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 140

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here