Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got back from Oldham

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Just got back to friends house from the game.

Great performance and to be honest we could easily have won.

Penalty was a penalty I'm afraid (imho). The guy did throw himself down quite drmatically but the tackle was late (by Virgo I think). Virgo was then stupid to barge into the guy in full view of the ref and get a booking.

Virgo played well but was a man possessed in his one man mission to try and kill Lee Hughes!!

Great equalizer by Murray against the run of play.

Forster could have scored at end of first half but keeper made a good save.

Virgo sent off for stupid foul at very start of second half.

From then on we played VERY well. El Abd moved to defence and him and Hawkins were superb. For those that say Hawkins is shit you did not see him play today - Had a great game.

Kuipers made some great saves second half and kept us in the game but to be honest we looked just as likely to score.

Johnson began to take control of the midfield second half and had a couple of decent pot shots from the edge of the box. Forster mis-controlled in a good area before great work set up waht looked like a sitter for Fleetwood with 5 mins left. Any touch and it would have been a goal.

Oldham pushed but did not really look like scoring against a well organized and hard working Brighton team.

Forster spent most of the last 3 minutes waving goodbye to the Oldham fans that were sneaking off early!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Better than the argus summary on another thread.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just got back to friends house from the game.

Great performance and to be honest we could easily have won.

Penalty was a penalty I'm afraid (imho). The guy did throw himself down quite drmatically but the tackle was late (by Virgo I think). Virgo was then stupid to barge into the guy in full view of the ref and get a booking.

Virgo played well but was a man possessed in his one man mission to try and kill Lee Hughes!!

Great equalizer by Murray against the run of play.

Forster could have scored at end of first half but keeper made a good save.

Virgo sent off for stupid foul at very start of second half.

From then on we played VERY well. El Abd moved to defence and him and Hawkins were superb. For those that say Hawkins is shit you did not see him play today - Had a great game.

Kuipers made some great saves second half and kept us in the game but to be honest we looked just as likely to score.

Johnson began to take control of the midfield second half and had a couple of decent pot shots from the edge of the box. Forster mis-controlled in a good area before great work set up waht looked like a sitter for Fleetwood with 5 mins left. Any touch and it would have been a goal.

Oldham pushed but did not really look like scoring against a well organized and hard working Brighton team.

Forster spent most of the last 3 minutes waving goodbye to the Oldham fans that were sneaking off early!

I,ve no idea if your report is accurate or not...........but I enjoyed it.

It appears factual.(IYHO), positive and an interesting account.

Darn sight better than the crap Andy Naylor churns out...........

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
entirely fair description (from someone who is wearily wending their long way home) especially Virgo's peculiarly animated contribution. Especial praise due to ElAbd who I have previously been less than complimentary about.

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008
Hopefully we can build on this result. A hard game on Friday, but should be a good crowd and atmosphere.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Disagree with what you said was a penalty. It appeared to be a dive in the mould of Steven Gerrard

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
just got home too :bigwave: 261 albion there according to the website1

penalty was a penalty the sending off was soft though,dunno why nicky was getting friendly with the oldham fans at the end. Seemed like Kuipers was trying to wind the oldham lot up as much as possible down the other end during the second half.First place ive ever been that will sell you a cottage pie from the catering bar!!!

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He's only shit at football when he's in the 3 Lions shirt that he clearly cares so little about....

So, he's not shit when in a liverpool shirt? That makes it 50+ games a season in which he's not shit, and only 6-10 in which he is. That must make him a decent player, no?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Disagree with what you said was a penalty. It appeared to be a dive in the mould of Steven Gerrard
it was a penalty no doubt even mickey has admitted that and everyone around me agreed

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
So, he's not shit when in a liverpool shirt? That makes it 50+ games a season in which he's not shit, and only 6-10 in which he is. That must make him a decent player, no?

Yes, great for Liverpool fans (scum). But for WW's point of view, hes shit and i agree. A cheat aswell.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Stupid boy.

May I just say that I am not a boy, and that there player went down in a similar fashion as to what a certain Mr. Gerrard does the majority of time in the box, if you were there then you may agree?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
it was a penalty no doubt even mickey has admitted that and everyone around me agreed

Didn't MA say from where he was standing though from the touchline? From the back of the stand looking over to the right it appeared a blatant dive and Virgo is adament he did not touch him, que him having a go at him straight aftwerwards

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
will have to watch it again but looked a pen to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here