Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just emailed this to the football league

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
OK, my thoughts.

For me, not violent conduct. The key for me is where he is looking as the Brighton defender goes towards him. His eyes are following the flight of the ball all the time. That takes 'violent conduct' out of the equation IMHO. If he has had a look to see where the defender is, it looks a lot more suspicious.
So no red card on that count.

Next question. He has led with the elbow. Not clever.
Was it careless? Most definitely. Was it reckless? Very probably. Was it using excessive force? Not for me. (Those are the definitions of 'severity' as laid down in the Laws of the game and carry a sanction of no action, caution, straight red respectively.)
So IMO, a yellow was right.

That said, he should have walked anyway as I felt the Ankergren incident was worthy of a caution and he got away with it.

Just my opinion, everyone else is of course entitled to theirs.

Mr Symes was obviosly told to go out and be physucal by the B'mouth management, his interpretation of this was to assault our players.

There is no place in the modern game for players like that.

If Elphicks face was at a slightly different angle we would have had 2 broken noses.

He had his elbow up deliberately to ruffle the defender in the same way he left his foot in on Casper. The man is thug and has no place on a football field.

IMHO

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm actually embarrassed that some people really have written letters or complaint to the FL! Not only is it futile, but you really need to grow up, get a life and realise that there are far more important things in life to write and complain about.

I was as pissed off as the next man, but dodgy decisions even themselves out over the season and we'll get at least 1 shocker go our way. If the FL suspended every ref that cocked up a decision or 2 then there'd be no one left to referee at this level!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm actually embarrassed that some people really have written letters or complaint to the FL! Not only is it futile, but you really need to grow up, get a life and realise that there are far more important things in life to write and complain about.

I was as pissed off as the next man, but dodgy decisions even themselves out over the season and we'll get at least 1 shocker go our way. If the FL suspended every ref that cocked up a decision or 2 then there'd be no one left to referee at this level!

Nah, total and utter bullsh*t. If you don't complain, then what will be done? The incompetence of those muppets today needs to be highlighted. I think it's disgraceful that you pay so much to go and see a game and the actual result is determined by one man, who interpreted events completely differently from the other 7,000 people around him. It makes a mockery of the game.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The FL could also still look at the Casper incident again as the ref obviously didn't see it and give a yellow for that.
Would that mean a retrospective red and ban?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My email would be.

Tell that ref and the linesman they are ***** and hope they enjoyed their 2 mins of fame. WANKERS.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Handwringer.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis

these officials got paid to do this game, over £200 for the lineman and over £300 for the ref, --- thats embarrassing, so you need to grow up and whats more important in life for me to write about.?

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Well I almost never complain because they call it as they see it - in real time- and it is tough.

BUT this was the worst decision against us in a very very long time (Challis?) and it was incomprehensible- the assistant ref couldn't possibly have seen what he claimed to have seen.

So I'm sending an email to the PGMOL asking how the decision can be justified and why the referee didn't over-rule it. Oh and a comment as to why we had a 27-year-old second season ref on a top of the table game, on a day when they could have chosen anyone (with no championship fixtures).

The address is kwright@pgmol.com (Kelly Wright who fields such things).

Anyone joining me?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The referee was from Hampshire. What county was Bournemouth in until 1974? It did not become part of Dorset until that year. I leave you to reach your own conclusions.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If people think this is the worst decision in recent years, clearly you have all forgotten the mystery penalty against Rochdale.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well I almost never complain because they call it as they see it - in real time- and it is tough.

BUT this was the worst decision against us in a very very long time (Challis?) and it was incomprehensible- the assistant ref couldn't possibly have seen what he claimed to have seen.

So I'm sending an email to the PGMOL asking how the decision can be justified and why the referee didn't over-rule it. Oh and a comment as to why we had a 27-year-old second season ref on a top of the table game, on a day when they could have chosen anyone (with no championship fixtures).

The address is kwright@pgmol.com (Kelly Wright who fields such things).

Anyone joining me?

Yes - and very good point about the inexperience of the ref. This was the biggest game of the day, and they give us one of the most inexperienced referees. How does that work?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We wll get some calls go our way this season,however I would be pleased if the ref said we got this one wrong and we will learn from it. Yes we should have been more than one up and it would not have mattered. It would be intresting keeping a Table of ones that went for us and ones against which cost us points and then see if it would have affected
our league postion at the end of the season.:US:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well there was the Rochdale one for a start... but you usually can't say "that cost us a win" or whatever. What makes yesterday's different was that it happened right at the end of the game and so the incorrect decision of the officials directly affected the result of the match (although I suppose you could argue that had the ref stuck to his initial decision, there was a still a chance Bournemouth could have scored from the free kick).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Trouble is the officials are not accountable.

Until they are we will get shit and have shit officials.

If I was at work and made a mistake of MONUMENTAL proportions (and then not once but TWICE maybe even three times) my boss would be asking WHY. Why did I do that? What was my thought process? Do I understand how much this INCOMPETENCE cost? The impact of such STUPIDITY.

I would have to EXPLAIN myself. The officials do not and this is inherently WRONG. Yes they may to the FL behind closed doors, all hushed up, but the officials need to look Gus or the media in the face and EXPLAIN themselves. Bet you standards would improve 100%.

Until they are held accountable they will not be encouraged to buck their ideas up.

Imagine if we miss promotion by two points.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The lino will be able to have his 5 minutes of fame and tell his family to watch him on TV the same could be said of the ref but for the penalty incident he wasnt influenced by moaning Bournemouth players as the lino was.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
OK, my thoughts.

For me, not violent conduct. The key for me is where he is looking as the Brighton defender goes towards him. His eyes are following the flight of the ball all the time. That takes 'violent conduct' out of the equation IMHO. If he has had a look to see where the defender is, it looks a lot more suspicious.
So no red card on that count.

You cock

Next question. He has led with the elbow. Not clever.
Was it careless? Most definitely. Was it reckless? Very probably. Was it using excessive force? Not for me. (Those are the definitions of 'severity' as laid down in the Laws of the game and carry a sanction of no action, caution, straight red respectively.)
So IMO, a yellow was right.

You blind cock

That said, he should have walked anyway as I felt the Ankergren incident was worthy of a caution and he got away with it.

Just my opinion, everyone else is of course entitled to theirs.

In my opinion, you're a cock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here