Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just emailed this to the football league

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
Hello

Just wanted to express my anger at the incompetence of the referee and lineman who were in charge of the Brighton v Bournemouth match. I have
no doubt that you will come up with some excuse to defend the officials but they really do give the football league and the name of football a bad name.
Perhaps you should watch the incident in the 90th minute and explain to me how the lineman can give a penalty when he's 5-10 yards out of line !

When the referee blows for a free kick he then quickly moves himself level with the penalty area but unfortunately its about 20 seconds too late to be inline to make sure that the ball wasn't in the penalty area in the first place.

If I was that incompetent in doing my job, and I know officials get paid a good wage for doing this job, I would be sacked.

Perhaps a demotion to the lower levels of non league and a stern warning that if he decides that he wants to be famous by giving incorrect and totally outrageous decisions he will stay at this level and never get the chance to embarrass himself on national television again.

It would be good to read what the assessor said about these officials but I doubt that we will ever know the reason why. It will just be forgotten about, but maybe you should wonder why officials get abuse when they behave like this and give decisions which completely defy belief. Your RESPECT campaign works both ways does it not?

regards

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Where's the facepalm smilie when you need it?

Oh wait, here it is.

:facepalm:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A good wage? Haha

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
you forgot the PS and can we have our 2 points

steve-c

A good wage? Haha

they like us, all aspire to reach the top of our game, if you do this you will earn a good wage, but if you are totally inapt at your job you should be singing on , job centre here come 2 official's ,who think they can officiate at at football match........................:laugh:

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
football league 1 lineman £200 a match, refs £300.

a mate of mine did conference line last season and that was £80 plus expenses !

thats a good wage for some people

AdReeve

May 18, 2009
Not annoyed at the mistake.. its more the fact that noboby seems to be accountable for the errors. If the referee came out after the game and apologised for the mistake i would accept that. Yes later results did go our way in the fact that p'boro lost but we could be 5pts clear and not lose any pts on sheff wed/soton..

anyway yes i sent the below to FL...

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is fully appreciated that this may not be the correct department to direct this e-mail to but I would be grateful if you could ensure this mail is passed onto the correct area.

I am sure you are aware of the incorrect decision today in the above mentioned match so I will not detail the obvious. I am happy to accept that mistakes by officials do happen and are part of football however I as a football league fan would be really happy if you could please let me know the referees explanation of todays penalty incident, most importantly what he was advised by his assistant which resulted in him changing his original decision.

In my working life I have always been taught to follow correct procedure and in cases where I have been found to be negligent of set procedures I have been explained the full circumstances of the error and if necessary been punished. One of my punishments has been contacting parties that have been effected by the error and offering a verbal apology, as well as explaining in full what measures I will be taking to ensure the same mistake does not happen again.

As I have mentioned mistakes do happen, I personally would be happy with any kind of comment from the officials instead of appearing to hide behind the football league and not being held responsible for the decisions they make.

Thanks in advance for your help and time spent on this matter and I look forward to a response.

Kindest Regards

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I would like to send this:

Dear football leage
Why can you not employ any competant referee's? Today's referee was utter wank. Infact i think he's a disgrace to lower league football. Gavin ward is another prime example of the shitty wank that we allow to officiate games. Mr Ward looks about 12, acts about 12 and is intent on f***ing up a perfectly good game of football wasting my time and money in the process. Sometimes, despite being partisan to the Albion i do funnily enough enjoy watching football which is f***ing hard to do with ***** like the one today or gavin ward being in charge.

Please fix this soon or you'll also be *****

Yours
A very f***ed off and ****ish fan

But thats not going to do anything.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

Dear football leage
Why can you not employ any competant referee's? Today's referee was utter wank. Infact i think he's a disgrace to lower league football. Gavin ward is another prime example of the shitty wank that we allow to officiate games. Mr Ward looks about 12, acts about 12 and is intent on f***ing up a perfectly good game of football wasting my time and money in the process. Sometimes, despite being partisan to the Albion i do funnily enough enjoy watching football which is f***ing hard to do with ***** like the one today or gavin ward being in charge.

Yours

you have a way with words :bowdown:

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys

Dear football leage

Yours

My favourite so far, surely we need a poll:p:p:p

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
You are ignoring the fact that with the amount of play we had we should have had another two goals so the complete mess the referee made would not have stopped us taking three points.
We are short of an experienced striker and its costing us,end of story.

larus

Shit happens. There will be games when we have players who escape punishment or we get some decisions from the ref/lineman in our favour.
It's annoying, but I honestly feel that these things do balance out.
We're still top and by 3 points; enjoy that and try to forget the negative :thumbsup:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
You are ignoring the fact that with the amount of play we had we should have had another two goals so the complete mess the referee made would not have stopped us taking three points.
We are short of an experienced striker and its costing us,end of story.

Correct.

But this thread isn't about the Lino costing us 2 points, its about the officials in general in this league being utter shite.

Ward - Misses blatent hand balls that my MUM would give.

This is partly partisan to the Albion, however there are times that I see us comitting fouls, or handballing (very much a Gavin Ward thing) and nothing being given.

I'll even say "that's a [offence comitted] but hey"

We're just unlucky sometimes that dodgey decisions against us can shape a game and when we get away with a dodgey decision it very rarely effected the game this year.

Referee's in League One are shit. This game just brought the point up that this season we've not had one referee at any games i've been to that hasn't been bollocks at the absolute best.

Sep 1, 2010
What the f*** is the point in having referee assessments when the same shower of cun**s will be somewhere else next week ruining some other f***ing game. Sky pissed me off too saying oh the lino got three offside decisions right, NO THEY f***ing DID NOT, 2 out of 3 times that this got mentioned we were onside. Symes should of been sent off and 4 times thr ref gave free kicks(and i am not just talking about one given to them either) when they were nothing 50-50 balls. Incompetence in extreme. On top of all of that, it seems to me that unless we get a up front sorted out and attack with more speed and purpose it is gonna cost us in the end.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
We have lost FOUR points to desperate penalty decisions at home this season so far.

One v Rochdale in a total farce of refereeing,one today in a remarkable show of incompetence.

So I,too,would like to know what is said in the refs assessments,and what actions result from them?

But I suspect it's "Good game,chaps.Same again next week?"

Signed a moany wanker.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I am suprised no one has mentioned the Bournemouth "injury" shortly after Caspers. We were on a good attack, on the edge of the area, their player goes down and ref stopped the game instantly. Funny how the player seemed to recover instantly once the whistle had blown

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You could at least have spell-checked it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here