Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just been made redundant!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Ding Dong ! said:
bugger, I'm signing off a 124 page Golf brochure this week which I 've spent the last 7 months doing.....

Fancy proof reading it !!!!!

Thanks .... but I'll pass at the moment!!!

But will no doubt advertise my business and ask for commissions on NSC at some point in the near future!!!!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Brightonian74 said:
By the way OTLW, good luck with the business. It would be good to hear how you get on with it all, keep in touch!!

Will do ... it may well mean I spend less daytime on NSC after the end of this month .... my 3000 post count probably shows how bored I have been in this job anyway!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Good luck OTLW. Apart from a couple of PAYE jobs I've been working for myself since 1982. It can be a bit scary at times but I always think "oh well if nothing turns up I'll become a train driver and do it part time". I'm still here, I've got an office, a kettle a big shiny chart on the wall and everything

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Brovian said:
Good luck OTLW. Apart from a couple of PAYE jobs I've been working for myself since 1982. It can be a bit scary at times but I always think "oh well if nothing turns up I'll become a train driver and do it part time". I'm still here, I've got an office, a kettle a big shiny chart on the wall and everything

Cheers mate ... my old school pal from Boundstone, Graham Funnell did it in 1990 and he says he has never looked back.
I reckon if I don't do it at 48 I never will!!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
Been given three months notice .... feel quite elated as it forces my hand to launch my own business, which I have been mulling over and planning for the last year or three!!!

...............................club programmes, community newspapers, annual reports etc etc Can sub contract to print firm or deliver back for you own printers.

Good luck.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Congratulations....I think....

and Good Luck!

:wave:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Brightonian74 said:
Hey, maybe us artworkers/designers/presentation people should get together and form 'Design Albion'????

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

What about: " Bright On Design"????

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
On the Left Wing said:
What about: " Bright On Design"????

or even "C Gull Design"????

Already chosen a company name .... will reveal after had it registered

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Easy 10 said:
Ahh yes, but a P4 only runs at 250mhz bsi and doesn't have an integrated ROMcard emulator which can handle 150 bitmaps per second. It also doesn't have EX/pro-logic composite 24 bit WMA (compatible with Windows 2000), nor an 8 gig regulated alternator with Intel Pentium hard drive storage.

Or something.

That made me laugh, that did.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
garry nelsons left foot said:
That made me laugh, that did.
Sadly I think MYOB thought I was being serious...always a fatal mistake with me.

:p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very best of luck OTLW

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Hey Nic,

I got 'offered' redundancy 5 years ago by HSBC after 23 years of flogging my guts out for them. At the time I felt like shit but looking back now, it was the best thing that has happened to me.

I still flog my guts out but it's FOR ME and my family. If I want to drive to Chesterfield for a Tuesday night game I can, without asking some shiny-suited wanker for permission.

You've got a real skill and it might seem a bit daunting now but in months/years to come you will thank the person who offered you the brown envelope.

Good luck mate

Ian

PS If it all goes tits-up, you could always try and become a professional E-Bayer!!!!

:clap2: :clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's been a life changing couple of months for you OTLW :ohmy:

Fortuitous to have the three months breathing space to set it all up, hope it goes well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here