Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just been made redundant!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Cheers mates .... Icy: in short it's been a bit of life changing year .... starting almost exactly a year ago!!! Beats the shit out of a mid-life crisis!!!! But overall it's been a good year rather than made.

My best mate - known each other 30 years - Graham did the same as you Ian, in 1990 after working for the same company for 15 years and says he has never looked back. Luckily Mrs OTLW also has a good job so it all gives some breathing space .... determined to do it before I get to old to do it!!!

I also take what you say Ian about the freedom side of it as well ... I was worried about even asking for a few extra days to visit my daughter in Plymouth before Xmas ... now I can withour any compunction!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just spent almost a whole day - while working for the boss who's laying me off (due to a shortage of work!) - doing business preparation for my new venture. She's wandered past and doesn't seem to care!

Today I have made a list of 100+ potential public sector clients and their addresses.

Tomorrow I think I'll concentrate on likely North-East based private companies ...

Then better find some time to get some structure to all of this and a real plan ... wondering whether to start off from a small study/office at home (cramped but it's free) or rent some office space in either Sunderland or Shields?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here