Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just been bitten by a mouse, do they carry disease...

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
... to worry about?
Cat brought in into house about half ago. After chasing it and cornering it I picked it up and the little bugger bit me. It bloody hurt as well and blood pouring out of wound.
Have washed it well etc.. Should I do any thing else???

if you get a craving for cheese and a twitchy nose call the hopsital.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Did you make it through the Night ?!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Off topic, but while we're talking about unwanted contact with animals, if you do ever happen to end up eating dog, cat or fox poo, check its consistency afterwards :lol:

My 19-month-old daughter ate some fox shit that was on the patio a few weeks back. NHS Direct said not to worry if it was less than two weeks old (ie still a bit moist and fresh underneath any crusty bit), as the eggs inside will be destroyed by the gut. If its freshly laid, no worries whatsoever, apparently.

It's if the shit is old and crusty, then you have to worry. If any eggs that are in the poo hatch inside you, the larvae / worm or whatever it is can cause all manner of, er, shit :eek:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Off topic, but while we're talking about unwanted contact with animals, if you do ever happen to end up eating dog, cat or fox poo, check its consistency afterwards :lol:

My 19-month-old daughter ate some fox shit that was on the patio a few weeks back. NHS Direct said not to worry if it was less than two weeks old (ie still a bit moist and fresh underneath any crusty bit), as the eggs inside will be destroyed by the gut. If its freshly laid, no worries whatsoever, apparently.

It's if the shit is old and crusty, then you have to worry. If any eggs that are in the poo hatch inside you, the larvae / worm or whatever it is can cause all manner of, er, shit :eek:

LOLOL Isn't easier to just feed your kids like the rest of us? LOLOLOL xx

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Just when I consider leaving NSC for the summer because of all the stupid rumour and bullshit threads, a classic like this comes up. Good work

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Please dont go to A&E i know people are only joking but we could could do without anymore idiots turning up for silly things.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Just when I consider leaving NSC for the summer because of all the stupid rumour and bullshit threads, a classic like this comes up. Good work

I know what you are saying, but its always worth looking in as there are still many quality threads and we are doing our best to keep the crap ones down ...and on that point if anyone sees anything please do use the report button....cheers :thumbsup:

May 17, 2011
1066 country
... to worry about?
Cat brought in into house about half ago. After chasing it and cornering it I picked it up and the little bugger bit me. It bloody hurt as well and blood pouring out of wound.
Have washed it well etc.. Should I do any thing else???

My mate was bitten by a micky, he was fine apart from eating lots of cheese,sniffing skirting boards and now when he goes to the zoe he feels a need to scare the elephants. He never used to be scared of cats like he is now either. :)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Don't want to worry anyone but my uncle in Shoreham died of Weils disease about 40 years ago ... after getting rat urine into a cut on his hand, while working in his shed.
Mice, on the other hand, can spread meningitis.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Just been spotted in central Brighton.

090502mouseman.jpg

Thoughts with his family.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Yes did survive the night.

See my follow up post to see the latest on the subject. Must get to shop for more cheese before they shut!!!:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here