Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just been bitten by a mouse, do they carry disease...

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
... to worry about?
Cat brought in into house about half ago. After chasing it and cornering it I picked it up and the little bugger bit me. It bloody hurt as well and blood pouring out of wound.
Have washed it well etc.. Should I do any thing else???

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
... to worry about?
Cat brought in into house about half ago. After chasing it and cornering it I picked it up and the little bugger bit me. It bloody hurt as well and blood pouring out of wound.

You`ve probably got rabies.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A tetanus jab is needed for this mate. Best to be safe. They carry all sorts of diseases. Thank god it was not a Rat as that can be serious shit. When did you last have a tetanus jab as the effect only lasts a certain period of time ?

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
i may be wrong but i believe rats and mice are generally quite clean creatures

might be worth getting it checked anyway though....

People have died from Rat bites. Rats spend their whole lives living in and searching out shit, like garbage bags. Mice are not as bad and the OP will probably 99% be ok but I reckon he needs a tetanus jab to be sure.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
... to worry about?

Get to A&E now, if you don't get injections within a day you've definitely got the plague or rabies

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Get to A&E now, if you don't get injections within a day you've definitely got the plague or rabies

Come on chaps lets not freak the bloke out but I would definately NOT leave this and get a tetanus tomorrow. Prompt.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
was that not from fleas carried by rats rather than the rats themselves?

I thought it was in the air!

'This epidemic... kills almost instantly, as soon as the airy spirits leaving the eyes of the sick man has struck the eye of a healthy bystander looking at him, for then the poisonous nature passes from one eye to the other.'

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here