Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
OK, so Tranmere were pretty dire &, to me, looked like a very bad version of Colchester with a few big lumps in the team and trying to play hoofball.

But, how many times have we seen Brighton struggle against such opposition?

So, it was very refreshing to see them play in a composed way, keeping the ball on the floor in the main and using their superior pass & move game to keep possession.

All three goals were well taken, though their goalie seemed to go down in instalments for Barnes' debut goal. To me, he looked very sharp and so nearly got a 2nd, controlling the ball with 1 touch in the box and then letting fly with his other foot.

Well done the lads (& Gus / Tarico) for providing a very enjoyable afternoon at the Withers!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

james1971

Apr 17, 2009
portslade
left just after half time due to my boy being tired and irretable. could not see tranmere getting anything to be honest.

can see us pushing for promotion next year if we play like that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
left just after half time due to my boy being tired and irretable. could not see tranmere getting anything to be honest.

Is he a Tranmere fan?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought we were quality today and well deserved win as we totally outplayed them.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Some of the footbal today was a joy to watch. Players that we were slagging off earlier in the season because we thought rhey were shite (Elphick , El-Abd, Navarro) suddenly look comfortable in posession and are reading the game perfectly. Confidence and belief innit, and this is down to the manager and coaching staff:bowdown:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some of the footbal today was a joy to watch. Players that we were slagging off earlier in the season because we thought rhey were shite (Elphick , El-Abd, Navarro) suddenly look comfortable in posession and are reading the game perfectly. Confidence and belief innit, and this is down to the manager and coaching staff:bowdown:

I thought the inter-play between Crofts and Murray was fantastic to watch, really great football.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How does it compare with the 'total football' of the 1971-2 promotion side?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.

Don't forget Carole he played a blinder today and he hasn't got much fans really ..

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well we can only play the team put in front of us! They were poor but that is because we were so HOT! Could easily have been 5 - 0! 2 good saves by their keeper towards the end!

And ANOTHER Clean sheet!:)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Probably the best performance I have seen this season. Certainly up there with Southampton away. Not a single bad performance - all 7 or 8's for me. Well done to all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Definitely the best performance at Withdean this season and probaly fora couple of seasons. Nobody could be faulted all did their job and looked comfortable on the ball and playing it around man to man.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
OK Tranmere were dire and may well go down, but we dominated 90+ mins. Such a joy compared with early season form

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
we deserved the win, these are the teams we need to beat and for the first time in the last 2 seasons we did, and i'm confident we will get something on thursday.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
best football we have seen at withdean but tranmereare a bad side poor old baz savage lookedliked he wasnt intrested

It's his 3rd start of the season. He's been out injured so that is probably why.

Decent enough display against a poor side. We could have easily uped our performence levels if needed. 10 passes between El-Abd and Elphick proved that in the first half. :thumbsup:

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods

Absolutely. I'm hoping that we can get to "safety" as quickly as possible this season, so Gus can sort out the contracts and start lining up "his" squad for the start of pre-season.

I just hope that Tony Blooms' ambition and budget matches that of Poyet!

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Their manager/physio seems to think 3-0 flattered us and our players are a bunch of divers. :lol:

Where did he say that, and who was the idiot on the phone in who said having Seb was like playing with ten men.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here