Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Carlisle

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The comment to f*** off back to the station as it was dying down, was a bit of an odd threat / insult.
Was that something to do with some of them saying they were going to leave at half time but then reappeared when the 2nd half kicked off ?

GDC

In A Checked Shirt
Nov 7, 2006
On A Train
Was that something to do with some of them saying they were going to leave at half time but then reappeared when the 2nd half kicked off ?

No.

It was someone not/unable to engage brain before speaking.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
4) That Johnsen from leeds, its the first time i've seen him today, and he can go straight back as far as i'm concerned. He was at fault for their 3rd goal as he lost possesion and then just gave up and didn't track back and try to get the ball back (which was one of the things that annoyed me the most today). Far to fancy and tried to run the ball in himself rather than use team-mates.

is that the same Johnson that tore apart Leicester when he came on and was INSTRUMENTAL in us turning that game around alongside Thornton? To be fair its a little harsh picking on one lad when it sounds like most of the team were bollocks!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Albion were a DISGRACE yesterday, and it absolutely sickens me that I've wasted so much money on such a passionless, gutless display. Doubt the players really give a toss either. Pricks.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Got back from the game at about 10 tonight after a f***ing long journey there and back, and i feel sorry for all those who had to travel up from brighton and back again, as we cut a little bit off the journey!

Just a few points, and a little disclaimer before i start, I am not normally a negative fan, and i hate fans that moan all the time, but today i was so mightly pissed off at our performance.

1) adam el-abd is not a centre back. And to be honest he was absolute cack today, and played a part in all of their goals. I dont know how 'shit' hawkins has been playing recently, as everyone has been saying, because I havent to been see us since play for a couple of months, but f*** me it would be amazing if he has been worse than el-abd was today.

2) Fleetwood was so lazy it was un-believable. A lot on here have been going on about how murray is lazy etc, well fleetwood was rubbish today, he didnt jump for any ball, missed a sitter from 6 yards put, and looked like he couldnt be bothered.

3) Where the f*** was our midfield?? non-existant and they owned us in the middle of the park.

4) That Johnsen from leeds, its the first time i've seen him today, and he can go straight back as far as i'm concerned. He was at fault for their 3rd goal as he lost possesion and then just gave up and didn't track back and try to get the ball back (which was one of the things that annoyed me the most today). Far to fancy and tried to run the ball in himself rather than use team-mates.

5) The fact than when-ever we had possesion today there was absolutly no support for the man who had the ball, it was as if the players where saying f*** it you've got the ball it's your problem.

6) And finally, the thing that annoyed me and most of our fans, including my dad who spent £200 on petrol, tickets and food etc today for me and my brothers, was that most of our players looked completly un-interested, and couldnt really give a f***. We made a team who haden't won in 2 months look like world-beaters. The only players who deserve any credit today are kuipers, elphick and murray.

As i said earlier I wouldnt normally feast out with such a negative reaction like this as i try to be positive, but today was such a shower of shite, as shown by micky's apology to the fans on the website, that i'm not really left with anything positive to say, and that the players efforts levels were an absolute piss-take to those that had made the long journey to support the team.

And finally, my dad has been a fan of the albion for the best part of 40 years, and he really is the only reason i started supporting the albion, as I have never liveed in brighton or anywhere near, and today was the only time i've seen him lost for words, and actually wondering why he's gone to the game. And when things like that are hapening to loyal supporters like him (and to an extent me as well) I worry for this club, because on the way home we both said that it's put us off going to se the albion for the rest of this season, especially as we are no-were near enough to go to home games.

And to be honest I hope that players or higher-up of the club read this because I love the albion, but today i was left wondering why i'd bothered going all the way to carlisle to watch A pile of shit

Firstly, great post. Only thing I disagree about then is Johnson. Has looked VERY good when I've seen him, didn't go yesterday so can't comment on how he played. One bad game does not constitue a bad player.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
1) adam el-abd is not a centre back. And to be honest he was absolute cack today, and played a part in all of their goals. I dont know how 'shit' hawkins has been playing recently, as everyone has been saying, because I havent to been see us since play for a couple of months, but f*** me it would be amazing if he has been worse than el-abd was today.
2) Fleetwood was so lazy it was un-believable. A lot on here have been going on about how murray is lazy etc, well fleetwood was rubbish today, he didnt jump for any ball, missed a sitter from 6 yards put, and looked like he couldnt be bothered.
5) The fact than when-ever we had possesion today there was absolutly no support for the man who had the ball, it was as if the players where saying f*** it you've got the ball it's your problem.
6) And finally, the thing that annoyed me and most of our fans, including my dad who spent £200 on petrol, tickets and food etc today for me and my brothers, was that most of our players looked completly un-interested, and couldnt really give a f***. We made a team who haden't won in 2 months look like world-beaters. The only players who deserve any credit today are kuipers, elphick and murray.

As i said earlier I wouldnt normally feast out with such a negative reaction like this as i try to be positive, but today was such a shower of shite, as shown by micky's apology to the fans on the website, that i'm not really left with anything positive to say, and that the players efforts levels were an absolute piss-take to those that had made the long journey to support the team.
And to be honest I hope that players or higher-up of the club read this because I love the albion, but today i was left wondering why i'd bothered going all the way to carlisle to watch A pile of shit
1 agreed ela abd is not good enough at centre back he has proved over a period of time now to be much better in the holding role than at the back..what the f*** was he doing for the 1st goal should have given the ball to cox and worried about staying in position than charging forward
2 fleetwood is no good in the air he doesn't seem to be able to get off the floor but he does have fantastic pace of which we never used once today and i think he would have been more effective in the 2nd half.he should have put that headed away though.if we are goinna play fleetwood we have got to use his pace no good pumping balls up to him
4 and 5 i think you have answered some of point 4 with point 5,the couple of times johnson went solo in the 2nd half were because he had no options what the f*** was he suppose to do if everyone wants to stand and watch him? i thought he looked like one of the few people having a go at getting us back in the game,had one decent effort that went just wide towards the end and tried to push us forward when we got him on the ball

dont think anyone in the away end will feel any different,we all spent a lot of time and money to get up there and like it always seems to be at carlisle the performance was shit.thought we looked ok until the 1st goal went in and looked the more likely scorers a couple of decent balls in the box noone got on the end of and fleetwoods header.thought coxy was looking dangerous and having one of his better games couldn't understand why he got taken off as when he was on the ball he seemed to cause them problems which was more than mcleod did when he came on he looked crap.murray was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch in the 1st half.
all in all was a really disapointing day as was hartlepool and after being 50 50before the game about if to go to on tuesday after the showing yesterday i will be staying home for only the 2nd away game in 2 years have better things to do with my time and money

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
No.

It was someone not/unable to engage brain before speaking.

Or me in other words. The reson for this was That i heard some of your crew were gonna leave 10 mins before the end to catch a train. Now, I don't have an Issue a such with that ( I did it at leeeds to be fair) its the fact that It was The gdc who were BOOING Several albion players while the game was going on, (unnaceptable imho) and willing calisle to score a 4th ("we want 4"). I saw this as I was in the row behind.

It was my friend who made the palace supporting coment. The points we were trying to make was that if you aint gonna support the team properly then shove off basically.

Engage brain eh?!

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
:laugh: Who the f*** are the gdc? :laugh:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Germany's Dick Cravings?

GDC

In A Checked Shirt