Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

June- No to Falmer, relegated to League 2, interest rates at 7%..

D

Deleted User X18H

....some one hide the sharp knives......of course it won't happen
interest rates won't go above 6.75%

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
HB&B in humerous post SHOCK:eek: :eek: :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well I like him.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Can't wait for INtrest rates to rise - that'll teach a few people who've over borrowed - serve them right if you ask me.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Why am i a twat if people go beyond their means - it serves them right - this attitude that people can just have what they want on the never , never etc it's about time they got a wake up call.

See how they like it living in a tent - that'll teach them - stretching themselve sto breaking limit for that new car and 4 bed house won't seem such a good idea then.

Also it will do my savings and investments no harm.

Last edited:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I'd be happy for interest rates to go up. Like to see the money in my accounts yield a greater return .

Remember the 15% + rates in the 90's.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Wozza said:
What a nasty person you are.

Why? If people spend more money than they can afford and haven't taken into account the possibility of a rates rise by covering themselves with Fiexed rates etc then why doe sthat make me a horrible person. I didn't make them spend all this money or make them run up debts on stuff they couldn't really afford.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I don't mind people making cash out of their houses, however what I dont like is when you get people, like that couple in Sussex who own a whole road of houses.

That's just plain bloody greedy in my eyes and I would love these type of people including property developers to fall flat on their faces one day.

As in life you cannot have too much of a good thing. What goes up must eventually come down. It's the rule.

When it does come down we will either have 1000's of people out on the ears becuase they have overstretched themself or it will just slow down. Who knows.

I dont mean any ill to regular hard working people.

I mean ill to property developers who think its good business to charge someone £250,000 for a one bedroomed flat, leasehold with no parking and make people think its a bargain.

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
adrian29uk said:
I don't mind people making cash out of their houses, however what I dont like is when you get people, like that couple in Sussex who own a whole road of houses.

That's just plain bloody greedy in my eyes and I would love these type of people including property developers to fall flat on their faces one day.

As in life you cannot have too much of a good thing. What goes up must eventually come down. It's the rule.

When it does come down we will either have 1000's of people out on the ears becuase they have overstretched themself or it will just slow down. Who knows.

I dont mean any ill to regular hard working people.

I mean ill to property developers who think its good business to charge someone £250,000 for a one bedroomed flat, leasehold with no parking and make people think its a bargain.

On the subject of £250k flats serves people right for buying them at that price - if their that stupid to buy them.

On another note i agree to an extent about property developers and people with a whole road of house as you put it.

My partner and i own a falt in Lewes and we make approx £200 a month over the mortgage in rent - this is put straight back into paying the mortgage off, Once thsi is done though and we do eventually sell it - I won't be out to rip anyone off and will do my best to make sure whoever buys it genuinely wants it as a home rather than just to rent out etc.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Then there's these twats, who own over 700 houses in Ashford:
http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1973264,00.html

The quote from the estate agent says it all really:
"They have single-handedly pushed up prices in the new developments, buying them off-plan and renting the lot out. It's tough for first-time buyers. As soon as a suitable property for a first-time buyer comes on to the market you get three or four buy-to-let investors putting in offers. You'd like to be able to sell it to a young couple but you just can't."

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Goring Gull said:
Why am i a twat if people go beyond their means - it serves them right - this attitude that people can just have what they want on the never , never etc it's about time they got a wake up call.

See how they like it living in a tent - that'll teach them - stretching themselve sto breaking limit for that new car and 4 bed house won't seem such a good idea then.

Also it will do my savings and investments no harm.

So you'd happily see thousands of good hardworking peoples lives fall apart forced to live out of a cardboard box because they can't afford to live in their house. Just to see them taught a lesson about taking on too much.

You really are a horrible person.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
So much for building all these new dwellings then - they'll be riots one day about it all, you mark my words.

Have to say i would never knowingly sell to a buy to let investor even if i had to take a bit less cash.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I cant understand the backlash against property developers in Brighton, its always happened and it will always continue to happen as there is such a high demand for short term lets.

Speaking as a landlord, interest rate rises will probably damage the sector as a lot of private landlords would rather not pass on increases in rent in case they end up with empty properties, however its the big overseas based players that dictate the local market anyway.

Its a free country, I made investments so that I could pass them to my kids and by the time my daughter is at uni she will have a nice place to live in Brighton, to pay for that I invested what I earned in other businesses, cant understand why so many people seem to have issues with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here