Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

June- No to Falmer, relegated to League 2, interest rates at 7%..

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
tinx said:
So you'd happily see thousands of good hardworking peoples lives fall apart forced to live out of a cardboard box because they can't afford to live in their house. Just to see them taught a lesson about taking on too much.

You really are a horrible person.

Maybe you've taken my comments the wrong way, I wouldn't want to see families etc out on the street - I'm just pointing out that surely people should have had some forethought when borrowing the money that intrest rates could rise - so if you are only head above water so to speak when you first borrow money at say 4.9% then if it ros eto say 6 -7 you'd be stuffed you can't tell me that people are that short sighted.

Also the whole credit society - that people just have to have the latest £1000 of tv new 4x4 etc etc that they have to borrow for? Why? Just to keep up with the Joneses?

Goring Gull said:
On the subject of £250k flats serves people right for buying them at that price - if their that stupid to buy them.

My partner and i own a falt in Lewes and we make approx £200 a month over the mortgage in rent - this is put straight back into paying the mortgage off, Once thsi is done though and we do eventually sell it - I won't be out to rip anyone off and will do my best to make sure whoever buys it genuinely wants it as a home rather than just to rent out etc.

So let me get this straight. People who pay 250k for a flat are stupid, and you are not looking to rip anyone off. So when you come to sell your flat in Lewes and a buy-to-let landlord offers you say 250k, the market price, you are going to say no? Then you will offer it instead to someone wanting to live in it that can only afford to pay 200k?

The amount of crap that flows from your mouth, by-passing your brain is incredible.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Lokki 7 said:
So let me get this straight. People who pay 250k for a flat are stupid, and you are not looking to rip anyone off. So when you come to sell your flat in Lewes and a buy-to-let landlord offers you say 250k, the market price, you are going to say no? Then you will offer it instead to someone wanting to live in it that can only afford to pay 200k?

The amount of crap that flows from your mouth, by-passing your brain is incredible.

I would actually - as my partner only paid 57,000 for it so i we'd still be quids in.

Last edited:

Goring Gull said:
I would actually - as my partner only paid 57,000 for it so i we'd still be quids in.

:lolol: We should have a Goring Gold section. This is not quite up there with you impersonating your girlfriend in order to convince some people on the internet (that you've have never met), that you attended a football match, but it's close.

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Lokki 7 said:
:lolol: We should have a Goring Gold section. This is not quite up there with you impersonating your girlfriend in order to convince some people on the internet (that you've have never met), that you attended a football match, but it's close.

Why, all i said was that she bought a flat in lewes 8 years ago for 57,000 and that when we sold it we'd be quids in and i wouldn't sell to a buy to let investor.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Er, can we drop the slanging match please.

Why dont we look at it this way

We get a Falmer Yes
Interest rates dont rise
We stay up (just)

Everything in the garden is rosy

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Biscuit said:
DAHLIAS OUT :angry:

we need a TIRED and TESTED ENGLISH flower. :angry:

Damn, I always forget about the Dahlias