Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

July 2012 Thomas Cook Albion Tour Packages

Pretty much sorted my plans. Flying out 22nd July Gatwick to Seville £270 for me and my 6 year old. Travel to Jerez which is roughly 50 miles. Staying in the Hotel Guadalete £290.

Total price £560 for week. Bargain for 7 days in July.

If you stay in Seville you can get good 4* hotels with pools for under 60 euros a night. This place, for example, is about 50 euros a night https://www.hoteles-silken.com/wp-content/themes/silken/book_simple_opera/step1.php?_h=2&_l=es_ES&_in=&_out=&adults=1&childs=0

That's what I'm going to do.

Train or bus to Jerez for the games, the rest of the time laze around the pool. Sightseeing in Seville in the middle of the day might not be such a good idea though.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
If you stay in Seville you can get good 4* hotels with pools for under 60 euros a night. This place, for example, is about 50 euros a night https://www.hoteles-silken.com/wp-content/themes/silken/book_simple_opera/step1.php?_h=2&_l=es_ES&_in=&_out=&adults=1&childs=0

That's what I'm going to do.

Train or bus to Jerez for the games, the rest of the time laze around the pool. Sightseeing in Seville in the middle of the day might not be such a good idea though.

That was originally where I wanted to go. As it's just me and my son, I want to go where other Brighton fans are staying. Hedging my bets.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
In my first search I got you 3star AI in majorca, 7 nights, £1900. Departs 7th July. Can get you a lot better!

Quick search on the Thomson site based on 2 Adults + 3 kids for 10 nights S/C flying on 17th July.

Salou (Costa Dorada) Sunclub Apts (3 star) £432 pp total = £2158

Cambrils (Costa Dorada) Pins Platja (3 star),2 bed apt £448 pp = £2240

I also found several 10 nights half board for under £3000.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Quick search on the Thomson site based on 2 Adults + 3 kids for 10 nights S/C flying on 17th July.

Salou (Costa Dorada) Sunclub Apts (3 star) £432 pp total = £2158

Cambrils (Costa Dorada) Pins Platja (3 star),2 bed apt £448 pp = £2240

I also found several 10 nights half board for under £3000.

In my first search I got you 3star AI in majorca, 7 nights, £1900. Departs 7th July. Can get you a lot better!

The earliest we can leave is the 21st of July.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's in the school holidays. All mysteries regarding the prices can now be considered solved.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
cor some people have the dollar on here....or will this be your main summer holiday

we're looking for cheap flights and hostels for a few nights! probs just do 3 nights and go to the Saturday game...hopefully its a good one

think the thomas cook prices are a joke

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It's in the school holidays. All mysteries regarding the prices can now be considered solved.

I had assumed that was obvious being as were a "family" of 5, (as with the wife working at a school as well :facepalm:).
Sorry if it did not register with you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Actually, I reckon you'd do well to find a half decent holiday in the Med for under £3k for a family of 5 (assuming kids are all over 4 years old)

Last year 5 of us went to a fantastic self catering place in Majorca for £2.2k which was an absolute bargain, but one of the five was a baby.

Jesus. I had no idea it was so expensive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very serious, just want a 10-11 night bucket & spade holiday. can't find and half decent for less that £800 a person, Kids are same price as adults in most cases.

On reflection it makes sense. I do not have kids and kind of thought they went half-price or even free. I hope you find something.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had assumed that was obvious being as were a "family" of 5, (as with the wife working at a school as well :facepalm:).
Sorry if it did not register with you.

I think I'd put my kids in kennels for the week and bugger off with just the wife.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
cor some people have the dollar on here....or will this be your main summer holiday

we're looking for cheap flights and hostels for a few nights! probs just do 3 nights and go to the Saturday game...hopefully its a good one

think the thomas cook prices are a joke

Or people make sacrifices elsewhere? I think a family holiday should be very high up on the agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here