Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

July 2012 Thomas Cook Albion Tour Packages

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thomas Cook innit, they aren't going to do us a favour!

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
having done a bit of research into holidays recently - i have been amazed at how expensive everything is. i realise it is a supply and demand thing so someone must be paying the price but dont these companies realise we are in a a recession and everyone is broke???

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
having done a bit of research into holidays recently - i have been amazed at how expensive everything is.

Same, trying to find something for us family of 5 . Spain,Portugal etc, can't find anything under £4k for 10-11 nights and that's self catering !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That is for a four-star hotel.

I'm sure some, if not most people would be happy with less.

That's irrelevant to this - the hotel is very cheap. Same hotel, same dates via Expedia is £292 for the 7 nights, so £146 of the £619 being charged.

The flights aren't that cheap though - £300 each, direct from EasyJet. That may be though because a big block have already been reserved for these packages.

(There are alternative EJ flights on the same dates that are even more expensive - full of club staff?)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Same, trying to find something for us family of 5 . Spain,Portugal etc, can't find anything under £4k for 10-11 nights and that's self catering !

Are you being serious? Or do you have very expensive taste?

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
far to expensive, look online i have found much cheaper (under £250) but dont know if i will have had my op by then so cant book yet
edit i am single though so going alone

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
I'd be surprised if they make much more than £50 profit per person- you need to add up flights, airport taxes, transfers, hotel, reps, UK office costs & local office costs before you even have a chance at hitting profit. Remember that TC own their own planes, any empty seats / beds during the season need to be covered in the cost of packages sold too.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Anyone tried going Via easyjet to another airport and getting a coach from there?

I did that to Valencia in Feb and saved loads

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are you being serious? Or do you have very expensive taste?
Actually, I reckon you'd do well to find a half decent holiday in the Med for under £3k for a family of 5 (assuming kids are all over 4 years old)

Last year 5 of us went to a fantastic self catering place in Majorca for £2.2k which was an absolute bargain, but one of the five was a baby.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
I've got a feeling Gary Hobson won't be offered a job by Thomas Cook:

He added: “There’s not a lot to do there, other than play football.

“You’re not that close to the coast, it is certainly not a holiday destination.

“There’s a championship golf course there and that’s about it.

“You’re not that close to the coast, it is certainly not a holiday destination.

I said that and was accused of being a philistine by the NSC holiday snobs!

Regarding the club's 'offer', anyone who pays that is a complete mug. You can get return flights from LGW to Malaga for around £200, and a week's accomodation anywhere along the coast for no more than that again.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Wow very expensive, I found flights for £100 with Ryanair. Im definately going but will be organising my own stuff, will post on here my info and costs etc.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Pretty much sorted my plans. Flying out 22nd July Gatwick to Seville £270 for me and my 6 year old. Travel to Jerez which is roughly 50 miles. Staying in the Hotel Guadalete £290.

Total price £560 for week. Bargain for 7 days in July.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here