Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I doubt any of our young talent see us any more than a stepping stone to clubs like Chelsea in fairness. Unlikely any are actually Albion fans except maybe Hinshelwood?

Recent history tells us there is no loyalty to the club that gave them their chance at PL level.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, hence why he isn't in the squad. This kind of attention-seeing shit is no surprise from someone with his attitude.

Size of that ego when all he has achieved is a couple of good goals.
Indeed. Those youngsters that people say "He plays beyond his years" about - Enciso is the opposite of one of them.

Could absolutely see him ending up with a messy transfer saga and being our next pantomime villain.

Maybe let's not completely turn on him for something he hasn't done yet though.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I doubt any of our young talent see us any more than a stepping stone to clubs like Chelsea in fairness. Unlikely any are actually Albion fans except maybe Hinshelwood?

Recent history tells us there is no loyalty to the club that gave them their chance at PL level.
They don't need to be a 'fan' of Brighton & Hove Albion to play for the club.

But showing some respect to your employer (and its supporters) is generally a good idea...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

I don't expect them to even bother claiming to give the slightest shite about the club tbh as we know the majority of them don't, but publicly back-slapping a player who is rightly vilified for the way he left the club & playing for a team that have just beaten us is attention-seeking bullshit of the highest order.

If you want to do the whole pally thing with someone in those circumstances, wouldn't someone with half a brain or the bare minimum level of respect for their current club just send them a text or a DM?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The issue I have is he hasn’t achieved anything of note to start even thinking about moves to other clubs. Two good goals two seasons ago and absolute nothing since. When everyone’s fit he will be lucky to make the match day squad.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Indeed. Those youngsters that people say "He plays beyond his years" about - Enciso is the opposite of one of them.

Could absolutely see him ending up with a messy transfer saga and being our next pantomime villain.

Maybe let's not completely turn on him for something he hasn't done yet though.
Yep, could easily go the way of Trossard.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It’s not the end of the world. People are to easily offended by a like or a comment on social media. Unfortunately he like many others will want to use us as a stepping stone to bigger wages and bigger clubs. They don’t think like fans do about social media and if any of them had any sense they wouldn’t be on there anyway but sense doesn’t always come with footballers.
Ensico has all the ability in the world but he’s still an immature lad on and off the pitch. When he realises a couple of goals no matter how good doesn’t mean your the next superstar and he realises he needs to produce the goods every week he will be some player. But that maybe a while away yet and as is mentioned there maybe a messy end before that time comes.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think the thing with Julio is that he thinks ‘me’ rather than ‘team’ most of the time.
I don’t think it’s something that Fab will put up with and would prefer a player who is ambitious but a little more likely to Demonstrate some loyalty to his team mates.
I think the telling point for me was when he stated that he ‘ asked Tony Bloom to play for Paraguay at the Olympics’ after his initial request had been rejected and then ‘thank God’ that he was able to do it. Not thanks ‘Tony and Brighton for the opportunity’ at a key point in pre season training and planning.
I also noted the comment from Adam Webster, when asked who was most likely to have a tattoo of themselves, and he said Julio.
Maybe a bit unfair but if West Ham did come in with a bid of £35m I expect we’d take it or a figure close to it. However, I’m not sure that West Ham have the PSR scope to make such a bid?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think the thing with Julio is that he thinks ‘me’ rather than ‘team’ most of the time.
I don’t think it’s something that Fab will put up with and would prefer a player who is ambitious but a little more likely to Demonstrate some loyalty to his team mates.
I think the telling point for me was when he stated that he ‘ asked Tony Bloom to play for Paraguay at the Olympics’ after his initial request had been rejected and then ‘thank God’ that he was able to do it. Not thanks ‘Tony and Brighton for the opportunity’ at a key point in pre season training and planning.
I also noted the comment from Adam Webster, when asked who was most likely to have a tattoo of themselves, and he said Julio.
Maybe a bit unfair but if West Ham did come in with a bid of £35m I expect we’d take it or a figure close to it. However, I’m not sure that West Ham have the PSR scope to make such a bid?
At exactly the same time. How do you think the people of England would react if Jude Bellingham said "I've got a big season coming up for Real Madrid so I accept not being allowed to play for England at the Euros"?

Think we need to get our heads out of our own arseholes here. He's a kid who is a superstar in his home country. He's come to Brighton and performed exceptionally pre-injury, and has had to work hard for a long time to return to fitness. I expect him to flourish this season as he did for the first year and a bit he was fit. He's not going to be ours forever, so lets enjoy him whilst we have him rather than deciding he's a judas whilst still pulling on the Albion shirt week in week out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The issue I have is he hasn’t achieved anything of note to start even thinking about moves to other clubs. Two good goals two seasons ago and absolute nothing since. When everyone’s fit he will be lucky to make the match day squad.
……..except a fantastic performance at the start of last season after which he immediately got injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here