Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JT Stripped of Captaincy - Official

Seagulls Dan

Jan 31, 2012
Worthing
John Terry has officially been stripped of his Captaincy by the FA this morning.

Discuss?! Who would you choose as his replacement? Is it the right decision by the FA?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
does anyone actually give a shit about this, i don't, is there any other countries that have such a interest in their football captain??

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Imagine if we win Euro 2012, and JT was found guilty. Wouldn't do English football any favours, images all over the world with a racist lifting the trophy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just need to drop JT from the squad and I'll be happy. Way past his sell by date

Seagulls Dan

Jan 31, 2012
Worthing
does anyone actually give a shit about this, i don't, is there any other countries that have such a interest in their football captain??

I have to agree, I would like to think the other countries skippers would conduct themselves in a way that avoided this type of situation??

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
For those who do not give a sht well bully for you, I for one am glad it is the right decision for all the right reasons.

D

Deleted member 18477

about time. this guy is a waste of space on and off the field. leader? family man? give me strength!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We Just had an office discussion about possible replacements and couldn't settle on who we would replace Terry with. Our starting point is that the player has to be an ever-present name on the teamsheet.

Rooney is out of the equation, because of his ban.

Lampard, Ferdinand and Gerrard cannot guarantee to be picked for every game, any longer - Wiltshire may well displace Frank and Stevie by the summer. Rio is nowhere near the squad on current form.

Barry or Parker are possibilities, but in reality only one or the other will be picked.

Therefore, our office concluded that the two final candidates should be:

Cashley Cole - hardly the best role model, but very experienced and consistently puts in good performances for England.
-or-
Joe Hart - a risky pick because of his age, but he seems to have a sensible head on his shoulders and leads by example.

Also, Cahill could also be an outside shout.

What do you lot think?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Ray Wilkins claims that will win nothing without JT!!!

I claim that we will win even less with him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not overly interested in JT the person, however for me just another example of an over reaction to a muttering on a football field that for me didn't constitute racism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here