Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Josh McEachran on loan from Chelsea in January?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is this informed opinion or unfounded story-making?

Would be a great signing but I can't see anything in your "story" that gives any credence to it being true - sorry

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
He'll be loaned to a Prem team like Bolton or someone like that to get experience, we won't be seeing him down here.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Is this based on anything in particular? If not I'm gonna start a thread about EVERY young player at a premiership club with the same title...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I personally think the last type of player we need another of at the moment is a relatively lightweight attack-minded central midfielder.

We have

Sparrow
Harley
Vicente
Jamie Smith

and you could argue Buckley for that position as well.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If he came I hope he is a revelation.

However although I think it would be a smashing move for McEachram I am not sure if this is the player we require at the moment, if our role is to develop up and coming young players then I am sure there are others already at our club that would be worth that support ahead of him.

I suspect that Poyet is looking for any players that can offer consistency, steel and experience to his squad, someone that is guaranteed to increase the quality of the teams performance week on week.

I would guess that is likely to be an out of favour 100+ Premier League player and maybe not McEachran.

But thats Poyets job not mine.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
My view is that it's pivotal that we get this hole filled .. Sparrow doesn't have the quality, nor Harley (seemingly more controversial but I don't rate whatsoever) I doubt we'll see Vicente again and if we do only now and again so will never "gel" properly and we'll see sparks of individual flair but perhaps nothing else ... Smith???

We have no cutting edge, nobody bossing in that area .. the young lad from Palarse was a great example of what I think we need ... also that polish guy at Forest seemed to be doing it too. Shame we didn't get Lansbury cos he was defo doing it before he got injured. I really do think with that pos covered our performances will improve dramatically ... just an opinion!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Indeed, this was in the Sun yesterday.

Is also mentioned in the above story, but will involve Kakuta being recalled from the Reebok.

In defence of this article, the coverage here is merely reporting rumours etc which are appearing elsewhere. Not saying he will definitely sign.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
He is no doubt a talent, but as has been said, not what we need right now. That said he does have the ability to slide balls in behind the defence for CMS. But other positions are more needy if you ask me.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Is also mentioned in the above story, but will involve Kakuta being recalled from the Reebok.

In defence of this article, the coverage here is merely reporting rumours etc which are appearing elsewhere. Not saying he will definitely sign.

Where has it appeared, please?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
But other positions are more needy if you ask me.

Like what Steve? Agree we've a few weaknesses (GK? LB?) but we're simply not creating anything for our front men and we're being pressed back too much because we are outplayed and outgunned (given Bridcutt plays so deep) in CM. For me it's a nailed on need ... we all rate CMS for his work rate and potential and slag off Paynter but there's nothing coming through for them at all ... Paynter having to come back, Barnes too and even CMS is spending too much time foraging around and chasing down balls in the wrong area of the pitch (all credit to him too) leaving us no numbers to really attack the villains ..... No, I reckon this is the hole to fill and hope Gus brings in someone of real quality just as soon as. Dunno if this fella is it but someone like that for sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here