Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Josh McEachran on loan from Chelsea in January?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Like what Steve? Agree we've a few weaknesses (GK? LB?) but we're simply not creating anything for our front men and we're being pressed back too much because we are outplayed and outgunned (given Bridcutt plays so deep) in CM. For me it's a nailed on need ... we all rate CMS for his work rate and potential and slag off Paynter but there's nothing coming through for them at all ... Paynter having to come back, Barnes too and even CMS is spending too much time foraging around and chasing down balls in the wrong area of the pitch (all credit to him too) leaving us no numbers to really attack the villains ..... No, I reckon this is the hole to fill and hope Gus brings in someone of real quality just as soon as. Dunno if this fella is it but someone like that for sure

I do agree with what you are saying Rugrat, and don't get me wrong, we aren't far away. But I feel we need a midfield enforcer, a job I thought Harley could do. If we had a Viera/Essien type player, we would have a more solid midfield. A goalkeeper has got to be a priority, Casper is ok, but he needs a back up, and I am afraid Brez is not it.

But I don't really like these threads, because it sounds like I am moaning. I am more than happy with the start we have had up til now. I am confident that Gus will bring in the right players in January, and we can look forward to what will hopefully see our club become a solid Championship side.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is also mentioned in the above story, but will involve Kakuta being recalled from the Reebok.

In defence of MYarticle, the coverage here is merely reporting rumours etc which are appearing elsewhere. Not saying he will definitely sign.

corrected for you.

I would argue also that your article is CREATING a rumour rather than reporting one as this does not appear anywhere else. Respect that occassionally you guess correctly - so do I - but I don't "report" my guesses as bona fide journalism.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Equally I'm delighted with our position but we've been a bit fortunate in recent weeks .. solid if not outstanding I guess. I also think we are this one player short of being a very very good team as it will bring others into the game much more. I'm not moaning either but (at least from my eyes) I can see we've a team that can really challenge if we get this one spot filled with real quality

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That was a day after the Argus reported it!

Anyway I hope your correct but it doesn't take long for people to start discrediting stories like this if their isn't anything in it.

OK, but there are plenty of others I posted on here which then happened.

I think, in fairness, the approach the other Sussex newspapers are taking on Albion coverage is more reporting rumours, transfer stories etc than the more 100 per cent concrete approach of, say, The Argus. You won't, for example, see any match reports etc.

Some will end up happening, many won't. But they certainly are not just made up out of thin air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here