Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Mourinho

???

• Total voters

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I like his personality and the way he is able to get the best out of players.

However, his teams play a boring style of football.

That said, I was glad to see Barca get knocked out and the Lionel Messi wank-a-thon come to an end at last.

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Was never too sure when he was at Chelsea, probably more to do with the club than him.
But after last night my opinion of him has grown massively, he got everything spot on, from the pre-match mind games to his tactics, defensive and shut-up shop granted, but they did have a couple of decent counter attacks before the red card.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Top guy. Can't help but love his arrogance. It is the exact opposite to Wenger/Ferguson

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Brings passion and commitment to his job, which is a great asset. He is a winner, but he always leaves you with the feeling that he actually realises it is just a game. I hope to see something of the Mourinho in our own Mr Poyet as he develops. How great would it be for Poyet to run across the pitch at Selhurst (if ******* ****** are still playing there) after we won there in the play off semi finals next season to salute the Brighton fans, as Mourinho did last night.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I literally LOVE him. He's clearly the most FLAIR manager in the game right now and his record speaks for itself. He just keeps on winning, at EVERY team he's been at. He's an absolute HERO.

Interesting that this poll shows, so far, only one hater and yet last night on the Barca v Inter thread there were loads of people moaning about the Special One and their dislike towards him.

I want him back in English football

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I knew about the 135 consecutive matches without a home defeat, I hadn't realised that he's only ever lost one game at home in 10 years as a manager.

Of course, he's not had to manage the Albion at Withdean - that would have tested him :)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is he really a tactically genius based on last night. Lining up 9 men on the edge of your own area and booting the ball as far as it will go is something teams in the lower reaches of the prem have done for years he moaned about it when he was over here yet does the same thing.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Was never too sure when he was at Chelsea, probably more to do with the club than him.
But after last night my opinion of him has grown massively, he got everything spot on, from the pre-match mind games to his tactics, defensive and shut-up shop granted, but they did have a couple of decent counter attacks before the red card.
He WAS the club when he was at chelsea , he made the club everything it was/is.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Is he really a tactically genius based on last night. Lining up 9 men on the edge of your own area and booting the ball as far as it will go is something teams in the lower reaches of the prem have done for years he moaned about it when he was over here yet does the same thing.

Lets not forget that he masterminded a 3-1 win from 1-0 down against the best club in the world.

He was absolutely forced to do what he did last night, away at Barcelona with 10 men. He managed to set his team up so well. I don't think many other teams would have been able to sustain that pressure even with 11 men.

That's 7 games in a row now that Messi has failed to score or get an assist against a Jose Mourinho side...

I had this discussion last night with a few mates after the game and bevvies. I think the consensus was that we both loved and hated him. He is a complete knobjockey, but he goes about it in such an entertaining way that you can't help but admire him.

And Gwylan, not quite sure where to go with your 'he goes to the teams just below the best' idea. Arguable when he went to Chelsea, although Abramovic's moolah meant they were never likely to remain in 3rd/4th spot. Definitely not true when he joined Inter, who had won the last two Scudettos when he arrived, and Milan were a spent force due to age.

I haven't been through the match thread from last night, but one thing bothered me about the match (beyond ITV's shithouse commentary/analysis, which I've come to expect). Everyone has said that Motta was unlucky to be sent off last night. Yes, he was unlucky to be shown a straight red, but he'd already been booked and his hand to the face of Sergio was a clear booking, so I don't think it was the injustice it was made out to be.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not comparing them as managers, but I think there are certain traits in Mourinho that remind me of Clough

Oct 25, 2003
i have no problem with people being arrogant if they have the right to be

he's a f***ing AMAZING manager, so why can't he show it off. He won the uefa cup and the champions league (in a row) with PORTO

f***ing PORTO....his celebration at old trafford when he just ran down the wing shouting was the moment that i fell in love.

At chelsea he shook up the wenger/ferguson borefest with his own brand of 'mind games'. Chelsea were stupid for sacking him....he won the league TWICE easily, and since he left they haven't been the same at all.

He'll come back to england because he has unfinished business i reckon. I think he'd LOVE to beat chelsea to the title- i can see him revitalising Liverpool or someone like that.

His teams aren't even that boring- they're incredibly solid, yes, but not boring. At the end of the day they WIN stuff, and when you have a mental silver fox on the touchline, you can't be boring

Oct 25, 2003

he beat the best attacking team in the world with 10 men

so yes, yes he is a genius

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And Gwylan, not quite sure where to go with your 'he goes to the teams just below the best' idea. Arguable when he went to Chelsea, although Abramovic's moolah meant they were never likely to remain in 3rd/4th spot. Definitely not true when he joined Inter, who had won the last two Scudettos when he arrived, and Milan were a spent force due to age.

Yes, fair enough, I'd forgotten that Inter had won the previous two Scudettos (Scudetti?) although as I said earlier, AC was clearly the dominant player in Europe, which is the priority for most managers these days.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I neither love or hate him. I do find his antics amusing at times. He's a cartoon character.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here