Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Woodgate

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Lets gets one thing straight. IF and its a BIG IF Woodgate is fit and can stay fit, he is possibly the BEST central defender in the country let alone the Championship

The man oozes class on a football pitch much the same as Rio Ferdinand who is his only peer in my opinion.

Unfortunately as we all know he hasnt played regular football for years, would be a gamble for any team to offer anything other than a pay as you play deal.

Would i be excited if we signed him........HELL YEAH if the figures and the deal was right.

Two words... Paul McGrath

Just need to keep him fit for matches and wrap him up in cotton wool the rest of the time, it worked for McGrath who had serious problems off the pitch with drinking as well as his knees being shot to bits... but, when he played he was the best Central Defender in the country by a distance.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
lets gets one thing straight. If and its a big if woodgate is fit and can stay fit, he is possibly the best central defender in the country let alone the championship

the man oozes class on a football pitch much the same as rio ferdinand who is his only peer in my opinion.

Unfortunately as we all know he hasnt played regular football for years, would be a gamble for any team to offer anything other than a pay as you play deal.

Would i be excited if we signed him........hell yeah if the figures and the deal was right.

spot on

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I have more chance of playing in goal next season that Woodga............oh hang on

Arty, you in goal, with your Kenny Everett finger gloves......that is championship class. You can stick your premiership up your arse!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simon Morgans knees were shot to pieces when he played his 1 season for us and didnt play 2 games in a aweek and didnt train just played 1 game a week. If we had a midweek game he was rested but he still did a fine job for us, with his experience and knowledge.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Rio Ferdinand!! Do you really rate him?
I find him ponderously slow in movement and thought. Whenever he comes up against those nippy little foreign forwards I'm embarassed at how easily he is beaten. Noone, Buckley or CMS would roast him

Honestly...if that is seriously your opinion you are watching a completely different game to me.

scousegull

Apr 15, 2008
Just randomly had a message from a Liverpool fan to say we will sign him if he passes a medical. Certainly sounds like this is a real possibility judging by the variety of sources. A massive gamble if true, but could well pay off!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rio Ferdinand!! Do you really rate him?
I find him ponderously slow in movement and thought. Whenever he comes up against those nippy little foreign forwards I'm embarassed at how easily he is beaten. Noone, Buckley or CMS would roast him
Honestly...if that is seriously your opinion you are watching a completely different game to me.
Don't worry, he was joking. Must have been. I can't work out what the joke is, the wit seems to be missing, but it's got to be there somewhere.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just randomly had a message from a Liverpool fan to say we will sign him if he passes a medical.
How would he know (not taking the micky, honest question), presumably most of the info about it is from here.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Would I be the one on here MORE excited by this signing IF it happens than I am by the CMS deal? I know he is injury prone but in the not too distant past the lads played for England and Madrid and even if we only got 10-15 games out of the season from him I would take a guess at saying the opposition wouldn't have scored many in them.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
When he finally got to play for Real Madrid, didnt he score an own goal then get sent off on his debut?

scousegull

Apr 15, 2008
How would he know (not taking the micky, honest question), presumably most of the info about it is from here.
He is just an acquantaince (sp?) who I haven't seen or spoken to in a couple of years. No connection to BHA/NSC but just messaged me on facebook to say he had heard that he was down at the Amex today. Maybe he did just read it on here, but very much doubt it...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
*if* fit, fantastic defender. but, if fit also still Premiership quality. expect to return oop north.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
El Abd: Crocked
Elphick: Crocked

And we're talking about bringing in WOODGATE to fill the gap ? Sorry, but I just cannot see it. A fine player for the 1 in 5 games he is fit, but we're going to need some durable beef at CB, someone we can rely on. Frankly my heart would be in my mouth every time Woodgate went into a challenge.

Or jumped.

Or walked.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
He is just an acquantaince (sp?) who I haven't seen or spoken to in a couple of years. No connection to BHA/NSC but just messaged me on facebook to say he had heard that he was down at the Amex today. Maybe he did just read it on here, but very much doubt it...

Do all these players hop in and out of the tunnel in perfect syncronisation with the webcam for us to miss them all?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
El Abd: Crocked
Elphick: Crocked

And we're talking about bringing in WOODGATE to fill the gap ? Sorry, but I just cannot see it. A fine player for the 1 in 5 games he is fit, but we're going to need some durable beef at CB, someone we can rely on. Frankly my heart would be in my mouth every time Woodgate went into a challenge.

Or jumped.

Or walked.

It's a worry. He has played just 3 league games in the last 2 seasons - and about 230 overall in 15 seasons, should be up about 450-500. Basically, injuries have halved his career, if not more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here