Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Sullivan

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It would be great if Sullivan makes it. I have had my doubts based purely on the pre-match warm-ups. It is probably a bit harch - but he just never looked either convincing or commanding. He was the right size and all that - but did not look to have that "no-one is going to score" look that Kuipers has.

Well done the Club and well done Sullivan.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think that would have been a little OTT and embarrassing in the area semis of the JPT.

A bit like the fans singing about going to Wembley despite having two games to play first.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
How long is Sully's contract - I hope we have him tied down at least until the end of next season.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
You do know he lived in Sompting not Lancing and now lives in Worthing. ;)
,yes he now lives in worthing with some mates,he pops in most days,hes a lancing lad mind,drinks in the crabtree or down the empire,long may his form continue

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I have to say i was very very impressed with sullivan and not just the saves as his kicking and leadership around the box was awsome.

Kuipers is no 2 now i hope;):clap:

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
There are obviously some exceptions, Hart, Rooney, Wallcott, etc that can make it at that age, but they are all very good players, so no you cant compare them

not sure what your point is old bean? I'm not saying sullivan is as good as joe hart or ross turnbull. my point was that they are good enough for their level and age hasn't come into it. The original post from the badger chappy stated that young goalkeepers shouldn't be in the first team, I was simply refuting that statement.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Egg on face time here - I said he was shit the other day. I do think that was his first 'good' game though - a BLOODY GOOD one at that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here