Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Sullivan

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
What was it in particular that makes you say Sullivan was so good? Don't get me wrong I thought he was solid and did everything that was asked of him, just that he should have been able to save all the shots he had to deal with.

I think your user name is absolutely correct, with regards to the last part of your comment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sully was MAGNIFICENT. Most of the SHOTS were saveable, yes [though the one-handed one from White was quality] but playing in goal is about SO much more than that. He came for everything, and got there every time bar one [a corner in the first half, when one of our defenders whacked into him]. His handling was brilliant too on a wet night.

Optimist = clown.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He had a great game. Looks like he'll get an extended run now. The sad part is that when he makes the inevitable mistake that all keepers make the usual suspects will be on here making their usual pointless remarks and insulting the bloke.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Had trouble all night with my computer so although I followed the game on Seagulls World I was a bit quiet on NSC.

very pleased for Sully as I think he ahd a great game. At the end of the day for me the result was unimportnt.. it was the perfoprmances. This was the closest we've seen to a loan-free side since the Man City game I think and lathough I am disturbed that we didn't score a goal against a Div 2 side I think we didn't do too badly at all and at elast there seeme dot e passion out there.

PLUSSES -

Sully ++++
Hinsh+++
Robinson +
Cox+

MINUSES
Forster
Crosses
Lack of creativity in midfield evemn with Thornton

and El Bad adds nothing.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
He's VERY good for his age. From the first match he played I really liked him, and I think he'll go on to become a fantastic keeper. I remember I started a thread praising him before, and I stand by that. He's shown more than anyone could have hoped for in his first six games. Plus, at 20 he's a million miles from his peak. I really hope we keep hold of him for years to come.

However good he is though, let's not go overboard, because a) no 20 year old is ready to be playing week in week out, and b) hyping him up as the next big thing will inevitably ruin him. Just let him play when needed and improve in his own time, and in a couple of years we'll have a top keeper on our hands.

cough.. cough.. you better phone mark hughes & gareth southgate to tell them that they shouldn't be playing young goalies then.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I've seen John at training many times, and although it's not the same as matches obviously, I always thought he had great potential and he's a nice lad too, and Sussex born! What more can you ask for. Well done to him and all the team. You've gotta love those pens!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought Sully was fantastic.

He made a couple of slip ups in the first half (maybe it was just easier to spot them because he was in front of us), notably where Elphick had to clear a goal-bound ball and where he missed a cross (which went out anyway).

His saves were routine, but were still very good saves. I was very impressed when he claimed a cross in the first half practically off the head of a Shrewsbury player.

Last night will have done his performance a lot of good.

Oh! Johnny, Johnny;
Johhny, Johnny, Johnny Sul-i-van!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Thought he commanded the box better that MK ever does and this gives confidence to the defence, his kicking was also better than MK. Ive always thought that MK only strength is his shot stopping and that is not always enough. A good run in the side for Sully could be the making of him.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Glad he looked the part on the tv as I thought he was excellent last night. Great handling and only worried me once when he slipped in the first half. Nice to be able to sing his name after the game, I bet he was buzzing after that.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
His display did not stop Micky hinting that he would be looking to bring a keeper in during the transfer window, in the post match interview.

coleman.will

Feb 14, 2008
i thought he was great.
a few uneasy moments from a few corners but he wud normally get the free kick due to being impeded.
in fact the general Brighton defense i thought was pretty solid

and id rather see him coming out for crosses than Gomes!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just watched the Sully saves on SS News. The save from Holt? from the right side of the goal. A one handed punch, with power and recovering from moving left. Gordon Banks? or is that overdoing it a bit?:clap:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
its harsh having a pop at Virgo when he is continually played out of position.
Thats not his fault is it.

" Boss....you know im not a midfielder....id rather sit on the bench and give Fraser a game...."

its not going to happen is it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
would be very harsh to drop him after that performance, even if kuipers is fit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here