Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Sullivan should start on Saturday

jkw

Oct 19, 2008
Even if God is fit again. And I say that as Michel's biggest fan.

That's how good he was tonight. Two SUPERB saves that kept us in the game at 2-0, impeccable kicking and catching, and great command of the area. That was absolutely faultless from John, and it's just a shame we defended like morons in the first half so he had to concede.

Maybe I'm being quick off the mark, but I'm now certain when I say that we have TWO quality keepers on the books.

Well played, John:thumbsup:

Totally agree, just a shame he didn't have a defence in front of him but hey let's allow in a fantastic result and fightback:albion2::albion2::albion2:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

That's how good he was tonight. Two SUPERB saves that kept us in the game at 2-0, impeccable kicking and catching, and great command of the area. That was absolutely faultless from John, and it's just a shame we defended like morons in the first half so he had to concede.

Maybe I'm being quick off the mark, but I'm now certain when I say that we have TWO quality keepers on the books.

Agreed. I think he was a bit lucky not to give a penalty away, other than that he performed well.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003

As above

Plus, if he ever wants a change of scene and the chance to earn a shed load more dosh, he should relocate to America and become an NFL PUNTER! He can kick a ball a long, long way (in a straight line as well, Kuipers :)

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Very solid - should have given away a penalty

good kicking - the first 4 went straight off the pitch, the rest were long, but not won by Virgo

command of the back 4 - his best attribute I have picked up on whilst watching the stiffs

I think he did well on his debut, but not as perfect is everyone is making out. He is young and will get his chance, but I dont think this performance has called for all the euphoric praise he is getting.

The people doing it, will be the first people to shoot him down when he makes a howler, calling him shit and wishing for him to be released

He did well, but lets not build him up

I agree with this.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Very solid - should have given away a penalty

good kicking - the first 4 went straight off the pitch, the rest were long, but not won by Virgo

command of the back 4 - his best attribute I have picked up on whilst watching the stiffs

I think he did well on his debut, but not as perfect is everyone is making out. He is young and will get his chance, but I dont think this performance has called for all the euphoric praise he is getting.

The people doing it, will be the first people to shoot him down when he makes a howler, calling him shit and wishing for him to be released

He did well, but lets not build him up

Yeah, let's not build him up.

I agree about some of his kicks going astray and missing the pitch, but above and beyond that, when he came for the ball, he caught it cleanly, when he saved he hung on to it, there weren't any calamitous non-communication f***-ups between him and the defence. In other words, the sort of display we'd expect from any goalkeepers.

A very assured DEBUT, I'd say, especially in the context of the match.

I don't see any euphoria on here or anyone saying 'he's perfect' - just credit being given where it's due. And IF he's reading this, his confidence will be bolstered by most of the posts, which will only be a good thing.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
John Sullivan is a great keeper and played well in a tough Debut. MK is still a seasoned pro and top of his game, what all this now means is we have a great no 2, do not need to go to the loan market and if MK has a bad game he has the added pressure of a young keeper keen to have a go.

It may be benifical for him to have a loan spell to get competitive league action under hos belt.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I liked the way he JUMPED about TWENTY NINE FEET up in the air when we scored - he was massively feeling it too. Great to see.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I thought Sully played really well, held crosses & shots brilliantly. Cant comment on the goals as I did'nt have the best view form where i was sat. Most of his kicks stayed in play and obvious MA tactics to hoof it long to the left as he very rarely threw it out which was annoying. Only slip up was the blatant penalty but maybe the ref (who was GASH) could see the forward was never gonna get the ball anyway. The backpass in the first half (which lead to Sullys clearance straight to opposition) was shocking, straight at him and not to his right side so cant fault him for that.

edit: oh yeah to answer the question....Yes keep him in on that performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here