Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Sullivan should start on Saturday

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Sullivan was to blame for the their 2nd goal.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
not going to get too carried away - i remember david yelldell having a SPECTACULAR debut away at leeds, before turning out to be utter shithouse

still, deserves to keep the shirt and get some games under his belt. and some real competition to kuipers is exactly what he needs

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
not going to get too carried away - i remember david yelldell having a SPECTACULAR debut away at leeds, before turning out to be utter shithouse

still, deserves to keep the shirt and get some games under his belt. and some real competition to kuipers is exactly what he needs
Be prepared to get carried away in future then, because this boy is a great goalkeeper and highly thought of at the club.

Far from ideal conditions for a young keeper to make his debut, so fair play to the lad.

But lets remember he's only a baby in goalkeeper terms, and given a run in the side, the boys bound to have a few lows, and if he does, lets not destroy him as was the case with Henderson. He's not Kuipers and therefore will be seen as the enemy by a few on here, but given a run, Kuipers will soon be forgotton. There's a new boy in town:thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Be prepared to get carried away in future then, because this boy is a great goalkeeper and highly thought of at the club.

Far from ideal conditions for a young keeper to make his debut, so fair play to the lad.

But lets remember he's only a baby in goalkeeper terms, and given a run in the side, the boys bound to have a few lows, and if he does, lets not destroy him as was the case with Henderson. He's not Kuipers and therefore will be seen as the enemy by a few on here, but given a run, Kuipers will soon be forgotton. There's a new boy in town:thumbsup:

i hope you a right - he is a genuinely nice guy and i hope he goes onto have a long career with us

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Two good goalies, one experienced and one youngster on lower wages, is exactly what we need.

The only thing that worries me is everyone is building him up MASSIVELY now, so he will be shot down even faster when he makes a mistake and be told he is not in Kuipers league

Well done to the lad, he played well, but I wouldnt keep playing him in all the high pressure matches incase his confidence gets destroyed

also a mention to Kuipers for his 80 consecutive games which came to an end today

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hard to disagree. I am an FDM fan but believe its time for MIckey to go back to his keep his shirt policy. The lad did nothing wrong, and his kicking was generally a plus over FDM, so agree he should continue on Saturday.

Was also impressed with his communication, very vocal for the whole match and showed a maturity that similar goalkeepers of his age (e.g. Packham) did not show in similar circumstances.

Lucky with the penalty decision though, that was a cast iron shout.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I thought he did well for a first start, but I didn't think he was he superb?

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
very solid. good kicking. great command of the back four. can catch the ball unlike a lot of keepers nowadays. very pleased for the lad, he will be a very good goalkeeper i think.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
very solid. good kicking. great command of the back four. can catch the ball unlike a lot of keepers nowadays. very pleased for the lad, he will be a very good goalkeeper i think.

Very solid - should have given away a penalty

good kicking - the first 4 went straight off the pitch, the rest were long, but not won by Virgo

command of the back 4 - his best attribute I have picked up on whilst watching the stiffs

I think he did well on his debut, but not as perfect is everyone is making out. He is young and will get his chance, but I dont think this performance has called for all the euphoric praise he is getting.

The people doing it, will be the first people to shoot him down when he makes a howler, calling him shit and wishing for him to be released

He did well, but lets not build him up

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Very solid - should have given away a penalty

good kicking - the first 4 went straight off the pitch, the rest were long, but not won by Virgo

command of the back 4 - his best attribute I have picked up on whilst watching the stiffs

I think he did well on his debut, but not as perfect is everyone is making out. He is young and will get his chance, but I dont think this performance has called for all the euphoric praise he is getting.

The people doing it, will be the first people to shoot him down when he makes a howler, calling him shit and wishing for him to be released

He did well, but lets not build him up

i don't think it should have been a penalty, neither did the referee.

about three went out of play. he was clearly told to go for mcleod on the left wing. rather that than not reach the half way line.

haven't said he is anywhere near perfect, i said he had a good game and pointed out his strong attributes. and i forgot, he showed passion as well. always a good thing.

and i will not shoot him down and call for him to be released for making a howler as i'm not a clueless wanker unlike many on here.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
He stands well off his line for set-pieces, sort-of in a Dave Beasant kinda way. Decent debut shouldnt be dropped.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Well played Sully :clap: :clap: :clap:

Neither goal was his fault. He kicked superbly for most of the match. He made a few good saves, one at full stretch along the ground which stood out for me. And he made some good claims, the best of which was the one where the Leicester fans thought the ball had gone in the net! :lolol:

It must've been a HUGE deal for him tonight, after having to wait for so long in the stiffs etc. It's good to see a genuine Brighton fan, come good in front of his home crowd. You could see how much it meant to him at the the end of the game.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
well done John, I do hope he starts again on Saturday...can't give him that and then not play him, or sit him on the bench...he needs to get a good run of games for his confidence!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Very pleasing to hear. Hopefully it wasn't a one off and he's the genuine article. BUT, if Kuipers is fit, I'd rather he start the next game. I'd put Sullivan back in goal for the LDV(is that what it's called?) trophy games so that he can get some more first team experience without any pressure on him. If he plays in the league games and things don't go to plan(either fro him personally or for the team in general) I'm not sure how good for him it'll be to have the crowd on his back as is seemingly their won't nowadays. Let him get some more experience and build his confidence up, I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here