Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Sullivan should start on Saturday

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Even if God is fit again. And I say that as Michel's biggest fan.

That's how good he was tonight. Two SUPERB saves that kept us in the game at 2-0, impeccable kicking and catching, and great command of the area. That was absolutely faultless from John, and it's just a shame we defended like morons in the first half so he had to concede.

Maybe I'm being quick off the mark, but I'm now certain when I say that we have TWO quality keepers on the books.

Well played, John:thumbsup:

Totally agree mate... drop him and it would blow his new-found confidence

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Well played, he started shakey, but got better and better as he got more of the ball.

His kicking was suspect to start, kicking 4 in a row straight into touch.

Thought they scored when Leicester scramble it in our 6 yard box, but Sullivan was lying on it the whole time. The Leicester fans were even celebrating the goal

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Micky Adams made specific recognition of his kicking abilities, and we know he is not impressed with Michels kicking.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Didn't look fantastic 1st half, but certaintly a lot more assured second half.

Good debut:thumbsup:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Absolutely. Deserves to keep the shirt, and the distance on his kicking is a big bonus.

Did have that poor spell in the first half, but that appeared partly to be because he was deliberately trying to get the ball down the left wing. And what about that one monster clearance that went into touch about 5 yards from Leicester's corner flag - quality. Jonny Wilkinson would have been proud of that one.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
anyone else think it was a cast iron penalty where he clattered their forward at 2-0?

Terrific second half performance and why the hell Thornton didn't start I have no idea.

That side MUST be the one that starts against the cockneys.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Forget about a loan signing unless MK is out for a while, give Sully a decent run, he deserves it, he's waited long enough. I had more confidence in him than i did in Henderson.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Good thread! Was class in my opinion and once he got into it he looked very assured. Good saves and great kicking.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His handling and kicking were superb his organisation of his defence is very good oh sorry I am repeating what I said on another thread yesterday when people asked how good he was and could he step into the team. I must admit I didnt think that he would be as assured as he was but all credit to him.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
He couldn't be blamed for either goal, the second of which was a result of shocking defending. Overall a very assured performance and he should definitely keep the shirt.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
More good kicks tonight than the entirity of Kuipers career. :lol:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I cant believe your saying this Badger! But you're right for once. Sullivan started bad (his kicking anyway), but he was bloody superb.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
our defence still gives me cold shivers.

Whing and Richards are ok going forward, but in the first half, we were exposed time and time again.

Sullivan looked very assured in the second half.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I'm really pleased for him. He has been around the first team for so long without ever being given a chance. When they re-write the Albion A-Z at least he will appear in it now.

Didn't put a foot wrong in the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here