Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Madejski (Reading FC) - Why The Animosity?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Easy 10 said:
Oh right. I'm sure he had nothing whatsoever to do with it. :rolleyes:

Well, a bloke decides to spend £43m of his own money into a new stadium in the middle of nowhere with no features nearby except industrial estates and council estates. What else would you name it!?! Hope to god nothing like the "Friends Provident St.Mary's Stadium", or "The Walkers Stadium", or "The Stadium of Light". There's some awful name out there and for fans to name it after the chairman (who's legacy will live on after he's left), I think its a fair call!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He could have changed his name to something everyone could spell. Like Quentin or something?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I'm pretty sure we'd have the larger potential in terms of numbers of supporters simply because the areas surrounding Cardiff are so heavily populated. But the actual support we get from the population of the city of Cardiff is poor (a large percentage of our support comes from the valleys) and eggchasing is the dominant sport in South Wales (even if it's not as popular as the press make out), so who knows what our potential actually is?

The new stadium development has been delayed several times already and things are dragging on a bit now, but work is apparently due to start in February.

We'll be bigger than Barcelona before you know it.....

:lolol: :p :lolol:

I think Cardiff has potential but I am not sure Hammann is going about it the right way. By the sound of it Reading has been run as a business for the last few years and have built it up gradually.

Reading would probably be ok if Madjeski walked away tomorrow but I am not sure Wigan could say the same.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Oi Royal cocking Ali! Sometimes people don't answer your questions; it doesn't make you right. We don't like Reading, get over it!

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Wilts said:
If you want stats... Wigan have sold 300 tickets for Saturday's game at the Madejski. Reading have sold the whole 22,000 and want some more in the away end.

We have a very fickle supporter base that fluctuates between 13,000 and 24,000 - with some fans not even able to get tickets for the Leeds/Wigan home games so far this season! Yet there's never the problem when Burnley or Crewe are in town.

But we're hardly alone. If you look at Preston, Burnley, Palace (last season!), Coventry, Watford, Stoke etc we all appear to be in the same boat.
Do you mean 10k-23k:p

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I'm pretty sure we'd have the larger potential in terms of numbers of supporters simply because the areas surrounding Cardiff are so heavily populated. But the actual support we get from the population of the city of Cardiff is poor (a large percentage of our support comes from the valleys) and eggchasing is the dominant sport in South Wales (even if it's not as popular as the press make out), so who knows what our potential actually is?

The new stadium development has been delayed several times already and things are dragging on a bit now, but work is apparently due to start in February.

We'll be bigger than Barcelona before you know it.....

:lolol: :p :lolol:
Considering you have all of wales nearly im not surprised you are high on the list.:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here