Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Madejski (Reading FC) - Why The Animosity?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Good luck to Reading - they have a fantastic stadium and fair play to Majedski for sticking with them over the years.

Football-wise, we have been playing in the same division as them for 3 out of the last 4 seasons, including this one, so they are not so far ahead of us *cue removal of rose-tinted spectacles*

As far as Sidwell is concerned, I heard that he was offered an almost identical contract by us but chose Reading because of the facilities - to be honest, you can't really blame him for that

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
This is football. Why do we have to have a reason to hate somebody?

One of the pleasures of being a football fan is that you can have a completely irrational hatred of people/players/clubs.

Oh, and Madjeski's got stupid glasses.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
crasher said:
This is football. Why do we have to have a reason to hate somebody?

One of the pleasures of being a football fan is that you can have a completely irrational hatred of people/players/clubs.

True - I absolutely despise Portsmouth and cannot think of a suitable reason why :censored:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
BensGrandad said:
Jealousy is the answer.

No1 man can ever own and run this club again but would we turn him away with his miilions? NO

I thought 1 man runs the albion and decides who can and cannot put money in. Whether thats wrong or right ?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Re: Re: John Madejski (Reading FC) - Why The Animosity?

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Because alot of our fans are twats and are jealous are the simple answers LB :(

Those of us who have actually followed the club up and down the country over the last 20 plus years like myself (not post Goldstone fans) say far play to Reading FC. Who could forget that dump of a ground Elm Park they used to play in?

Too many people on here have small memories, wasn't so long ago that Reading FC were a right joke, an non-entity of a football club and they had to survive on piss poor crowds of 5000....good luck to them I say, wish we had a cash rich chairmam like Madejski who could actually fund a 21st Century stadium and playing staff to match

Elm park was better than withdean

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Anyway Wilts, Platypus and Royal Ali - if you're listening, our reserves beat your reserves at the Madjeski this afternoon .... neh neh .....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Inkerman said:
Anyway Wilts, Platypus and Royal Ali - if you're listening, our reserves beat your reserves at the Madjeski this afternoon .... neh neh .....

even though Brooker was on the other side :lolol:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
He has done well for reading,but maybe us albion just need a man like him as we never have any money,and thats why we struggle to reach our potential.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
mr turd said:
He has done well for reading,but maybe us albion just need a man like him as we never have any money,and thats why we struggle to reach our potential.

That's an interesting theory. What exactly is our potential?
I think that we have far exceeded our potential given the financial backing available. How the hell do you explain that we haven't reached our potential cos we have no money? If you have no money then you have no potential - or am I missing the point?

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Inkerman said:
That's an interesting theory. What exactly is our potential?
I think that we have far exceeded our potential given the financial backing available. How the hell do you explain that we haven't reached our potential cos we have no money? If you have no money then you have no potential - or am I missing the point?
potential=quality players and a new stadium,and thats what attracts big crowds.Face it can you ever remember us splashing out proper dollars with the slightest bit of ambition(NO).

This club hasn't had any money or ambition for decades+:glare:

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
mr turd said:
potential=quality players and a new stadium,and thats what attracts big crowds.Face it can you ever remember us splashing out proper dollars with the slightest bit of ambition(NO).

This club hasn't had any money or ambition for decades+:glare:

That's absolute bollox. The club has had plenty of ambition - it just hasn't had the money to achieve those ambitions.
What we have achieved, going back years, has been far in excess of our "potential".

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are always described as potential giants simply by the catchment area not anything else.

In reality we are a club that should be in the top half of The Championship pushing for play offs.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
BensGrandad said:
We are always described as potential giants simply by the catchment area not anything else.

If "catchment area" is defined as the number of people who could go to a game without the attraction of another club then we should be a big club, however, the people in that catchment area have never been exposed to top class football for a prolonged period so they are not gagging for it and are not rushing off to the nearest location to find it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is the South East England culture and snobbishness of those 'Football Hooligan Types'. A simarly situated club in North England would probably have a far better following than we have.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
BensGrandad said:
It is the South East England culture and snobbishness of those 'Football Hooligan Types'. A simarly situated club in North England would probably have a far better following than we have.

Give it a rest!

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
BensGrandad said:

Like Carlisle ????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here