Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Lewis / M & S Ads

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Don't think this is fixtures...

Can't see why Smiths fans should be too upset and Morrisey allowing Please, Please, Please being used on the John Lewis Ad -its quite well done.

However every time I hear that M&S ad with those talentless morons and the thought of Cowell making more money by destroying music and music talent makes me seethe :angry:

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well it was an old B side from the 1980's and although advertising can kill a song that means stuff to us, he is a long way away and did I read someone else is singing it. Good luck to him and hopefully I won't hear it too much and if I do, hopefully will give the wonderful back catalogue a spin.

This is also assuming he/they have copyright and control over it

[yt]TRbp0ZIehk0[/yt]

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
For my money, John Lewis have absolutely smashed it out of the park this year. LOVE it.

John Lewis don't tend to "miss" when they do adverts - the last few I've seen from them has been superb :)

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
'As John Lewis launched its Christmas advertising campaign by featuring a cute child with nothing but altruism in his heart, the entire nation was quick to point out that there’s a not a single bloody child alive today displaying those personality characteristics.

The advert, which shows a child impatient for Christmas Day, but only because he wants to give his parents a present, has been criticised by anyone who has ever had contact with an actual child.

Television owner Kathy Morris told us, “I guarantee that this ad concept was dreamt up by a twenty two year-old marketing executive with about as much experience of children as they have of getting a proper job.”

“When it comes to Christmas Day, children are like crack addicts, and you are merely something in the way of them getting what they need.”

“It’s false advertising. People watching that are probably going to think, ‘Ahh, I’d quite like to have a kid like that, let’s make a baby!’ – and then they’ve invariable let themselves in for eighteen years of sullen disappointment.”

“And whose fault is that? Yes, it’s John f***ing Lewis.”

John Lewis Ad
Child behaviourologist David Walton-Smythe told us that although the featured child is acting in an entirely unnatural manner, the scenario in the advert could actually happen in the real world.

“I’m not saying you can’t get a child to behave that way, it’s just that it could take years of beatings to instill such a Pavolvian response each and every morning when they wake up.”

“Even then you wouldn’t know what was in the box. My guess is some dead animal he found in the garden.”'

:lolol::lolol:

D

Deleted member 18477

john lewis has a decent advert but its coca cola's one for me... 'holidays are coming, holidays are coming'.

M&S can seriously piss off this year.

I enjoy the other christmas food relative adverts as well!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
My friend made the John Lewis advert. We are both massive Smiths fans. He got an email from Moz saying he loved
the version of the song. He's now framed it and put it on his wall at home.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
What really gets me is that X Factor and Cowell have completely ruined Christmas No 1's.

Yes we had some cheesy awful ones at times but you always hoped for something good and occasionally it was. Even most of the poor ones gave you a laugh or were at least original in their content but all Cowell does is get the no-marks to churn out an old hit and all the morons buy it as though its original!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Whilst we're taking adverts is the latest Thompson one not 'Where is My Mind?' by The Pixies (and the last Aptamil (?) one was 'Octopussy' by the Wedding Present).

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
What really gets me is that X Factor and Cowell have completely ruined Christmas No 1's.

Yes we had some cheesy awful ones at times but you always hoped for something good and occasionally it was. Even most of the poor ones gave you a laugh or were at least original in their content but all Cowell does is get the no-marks to churn out an old hit and all the morons buy it as though its original!

The truest thing ever. Grinds my gears too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here