Mid Sussex
One of my favourite songs.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Knightsworld said:
Its a classic.

Mind you i suppose the youth of today will in 30 years time say that anything by Busted or Justin will become a legendary song:angry:
this is the problem , its a crying shame :(

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The Large One said:
Queen were completely devoid of artistic integrity, and full of pretentious overblown hype. That spells wanker to me.

Regards back.

TL1

Oh man! Queen wrote and performed some really great music in my opinion, I'm afraid I totally disagree with you.

Imagine is also a crap song by a crap member of a largely crap band. Again in my opinion. And don't even get me started on the :censored: McCartney..

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Great sentiments, and a nice (though not great) song.

Of course what's funny is that the things he says to try and imagine don't exist are mostly things that don't - but that people imagine do. Which is the irony, of course.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Classic - shame Oasis took the opening part for one of their biggest tracks

A bit of an indulgent tune, no denying it's a classic, but I think there are so many overlooked tracks that won't ever be lauded over because no Beatles were involved.

Lennon wrote some good tunes alright, but his opinionatedness and thrusting yoko ono on the music world was well ott. Same goes for Macca and Linda really.

"here I am the most important person in all music, I have proven all, and here's my talentless missus because I want to give the publicity to her as a present"

A pity he didn't spare more regard and time for Julian, he was apparently a bit of a 'deadbeat dad'.

Working Class Heros are something to be, perhaps, but Gimme Some Truth about their private lives and they don't look so heroic.
"If you want to be a hero then just follow me" ?

It's only rock and roll, leave out the big "you can save the world if you buy my records" bullshit.

Other than that, Imagine was quite nice :cool:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
NMH said:

Lennon wrote some good tunes alright, but his opinionatedness and thrusting yoko ono on the music world was well ott. Same goes for Macca and Linda really.

"here I am the most important person in all music, I have proven all, and here's my talentless missus because I want to give the publicity to her as a present"

A pity he didn't spare more regard and time for Julian, he was apparently a bit of a 'deadbeat dad'.

Totally agree. Were you in the car coming back from Wrexham? That was part of the conversation too. :cool:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't like the song. Would it be as highly acclaimed if it was sung by Average Joe rather than John Lennon?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Love him or hate him - he didn't deserve to die - and unfortunately his assasination made him so "god like"

What he sings about is simply his wishes for life through his rose coloured glasses - can't fault him for that....

I like the song - its an ideology that more people in this world should think about... but it is overplayed, and he wasn't the best part of the Beatles imho...

nature-smiley-009.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here