Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Fleck signing on the 1st!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's painfully obvious we don't have central midfielders who can support the strikers. Hopefully Gus will solve this problem pronto...

O'Callaghan and Carole might be the answer :rolleyes:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh please at the start of the season everyone agreed we needed a goal scoring play maker, we still havnt got one and this guy is an attacking midfield player who appears to score goals

So you think our priority is central midfield!? Crofts and Dicker are 2 of our best players, IMHO... Have you been watching our defenders?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
get the midfield sorted and the defence will be a lot better because they be under a lot less pressure.

Or maybe the defenders could start to actually defend?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
he is left footed....

That is good news then... we have so little balance in our squad... not enough left-footers IMHO...

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
everything is telling me this is nonsense but i hope to good it is true I think if we was to sign him i would poo my pants.

In the future i see him going to play premiershite football, however ending up like the great scottish players such as James McFadden who never really cut it at Everton and the fella who went to Man Utd from celtic, Liam Miller, was ment to be the new Roy Keene

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So you think our priority is central midfield!? Crofts and Dicker are 2 of our best players, IMHO... Have you been watching our defenders?

Obviously i have, but the whole team is at blame not just the back 2, if we had a great midfield the emphasis wouldnt be on the defense so often if essentially have 2 defensive midfielders yet neither seems to do all that much defending and theres no one to hold up the ball when it gets cleared. Neither does a good job of supporting the strikers either. We could have the best defense in the world but if they are under pressure the majority of a match then they will concede.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Obviously i have, but the whole team is at blame not just the back 2, if we had a great midfield the emphasis wouldnt be on the defense so often if essentially have 2 defensive midfielders yet neither seems to do all that much defending and theres no one to hold up the ball when it gets cleared. Neither does a good job of supporting the strikers either. We could have the best defense in the world but if they are under pressure the majority of a match then they will concede.

I think Dicker does a great job covering our extremely poor defence...

I also think Crofts gets forward well... just IMHO...

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
This would be good for the kid Fleck, he'd be under the guidance of one of the great midfielders of his generation in Gus & he would learn a lot about playing in the English leagues without the unnecessary pressure of going to a prem team where he'd be unlikely to get a start very often, it's perfect for both parties so let's hope it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here